tModLoader Fargo's Mods

sounds pretty cool, but I'm not sure how even.. especially on how to make every enemy have their own without making 1000 items

What I describe may be completely impossible in tmod/terraria so I may be talking out of my :red: here but in a standard coding environment you can upon load loop through all available assets of a type (Say NPC's), access any relevant data you need (Name, Friend or Foe, Loot table) and then either create things from that data (new items) or as long as that data is not read only somehow you can molest it (say to add an item you just created on the fly to it's loot table.)

So in essence you would loop through the NPC list and for any non boss Enemy you would then create a "Soul of <insert enemy name here>" with a generic looking soul sprite, description and anything else needed for an item creation, this item would contain the enemy's ID as well for quick reference.

You would then molest the npc's loot table to add this new item in.

Like I said, might be impossible, I've never actually bothered to look under the hood of the modding tools since I already spend my type looking at code during the day.

That said, I suspect it may indeed be possible considering Prefixes for Enemies and Kaliwhatever's RPG mod exist and the former :red:s with the enemy stats in random ways while the later has it's own set of RNG based weapons.

Last edited:
Is there a point to adding modded weapons to the class specific souls? As far as I can tell, those souls have no additional benefits to requiring more weapons to craft them. It just seems like it's added work for no extra gain. By comparison, I believe the accessory souls do benefit from the effects of modded accessories added in. Speaking of souls, could the flight mastery soul allow for holding down while flying to maintain your current height like some of the wings used to craft it can do?

Also could the Challenger Medal by sold after The Challenger from SacredTools is defeated? It's basically a boss summoning item except given to the Challenge NPC instead of summoned. SacredTools is supported with other boss summoning items from that mod, so I suspect it's The Challenger being a pretty new addition as to why this mod doesn't sell the "summoning" item for it yet.

I keep getting this image when trying to use the latest version of Fargo with Tremor and Crystilium.
Capture.PNG

I can't seem to find a higher version of the two mods, I'm just a bit confused.

@Fargowilta the olypmians soul is officially uncraftable. Deity's Trefork is a non consumable throwing weapon now. unless of course the olympians soul crafting counts the 1 deity's Trefork as the 999 it says is required.

Could the Soul of the Void have a toggle for the coin portals? I find them pretty laggy and I think the large amount of coins spawned would despawn other items if you're out farming. Also could that soul have the Greedy Ring effect? I think lower shop prices and increased coin pickup range is one of the few effects missing from the super accessories. Also since a Portal Gun is required in its creation, perhaps the player can fall as fast as if they had a Portal Gun selected? The increased fall speed would really help against dodging boss attacks and reaching Hell very fast.

Also could the Colossus Soul have Thorium's Spirit Band effect? That is not taking any more than 150 damage from one hit with a 10 second cooldown. I feel it's such a powerful defense ability and the Colossus Soul is supposed to be the ultimate defense accessory right?

Last edited:
Will you be fine tuning swarms so skeletron prime doesn't freeze the game and lock it up? also another question i have is, will the gladiator and iron enchantment be apart of a force with the Old ones army armor enchantements and become a part of the soul of terraria? if not then thats fine. just curious mostly. also i would like to see some item recipe replacements, like maybe returning the Rally or something else in place of the Bone flayer tail in the barbarians essence as its become a very hard to get item since the bone flayer is now a rarer hardmode enemy, and possibly a recipe to switch the bladed glove for the Bloody machete and viceversa. just suggestions.
never seen anything go wrong with the prime swarm?????
the new enchantments will eventually go into something
bone flayer thing just fixed
Support for Loot Crazy,and Zoaklen Please.
I asked to support loot craze and author said he gave up on it :D
does zoaklen have any boss?
Is there a point to adding modded weapons to the class specific souls? As far as I can tell, those souls have no additional benefits to requiring more weapons to craft them. It just seems like it's added work for no extra gain. By comparison, I believe the accessory souls do benefit from the effects of modded accessories added in. Speaking of souls, could the flight mastery soul allow for holding down while flying to maintain your current height like some of the wings used to craft it can do?

Also could the Challenger Medal by sold after The Challenger from SacredTools is defeated? It's basically a boss summoning item except given to the Challenge NPC instead of summoned. SacredTools is supported with other boss summoning items from that mod, so I suspect it's The Challenger being a pretty new addition as to why this mod doesn't sell the "summoning" item for it yet.
sacred tools maker doesnt want me selling that
and I havent been able to figure out hovering

modded weps just exist to make them harder to get hehe
I keep getting this image when trying to use the latest version of Fargo with Tremor and Crystilium.View attachment 189004
I can't seem to find a higher version of the two mods, I'm just a bit confused.
honestly no idea o_O
@Fargowilta the olypmians soul is officially uncraftable. Deity's Trefork is a non consumable throwing weapon now. unless of course the olympians soul crafting counts the 1 deity's Trefork as the 999 it says is required.
fixed this too

never seen anything go wrong with the prime swarm?????
the new enchantments will eventually go into something
bone flayer thing just fixed

I asked to support loot craze and author said he gave up on it :D
does zoaklen have any boss?

sacred tools maker doesnt want me selling that
and I havent been able to figure out hovering

honestly no idea o_O

fixed this too
one last question... any plans on teaming up with Grox for his mod? it has some pretty good accessories that could go into souls, a special set of runes that could be combined into one big accessory that could possibly go into the soul of dimensions recipe.

Also any plans on adding the plague hive and maybe the void of extinction to any recipes? i mean its alright if they aren't or are part of recipe's when other mods aren't included. i just figured it would be good for the Plague hive to be apart of the Soul of dimensions as it gives immunity to the plague debuff from Calamity.

As for an actual suggestion, i have no clue how difficult it would be to code but is it possible for you to make it so that when revengence is activated, certain recipe's for souls change? such as the Recipe for the supersonic soul changing to include the celestial tracers which include a yharon drop? just a bit of a suggestion for you to look into, i suggested the code change as... it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't want to do revengance runs if you added any of the new Revengance mode only accessories into the souls without making it so the recipe's change.

I have NO clue what happened to cause those prime swarm problems. >.> it just... happened out of nowhere... of course when i was doing it i was staying stationary to fight the swarm. that might have contributed to it cus i was only able to complete it without freezing by flying around to ensure not too many parts of skeletron prime were on the screen, it was weird.

In that case I might as well disable the mods, craft the class soul accessories with only vanilla weapons and accessories, then re-enable the mods. Why go through the extra trouble if there's no extra gain? I could technically do the same with the other souls, but I won't because there is an extra reward for the extra work.

In that case I might as well disable the mods, craft the class soul accessories with only vanilla weapons and accessories, then re-enable the mods. Why go through the extra trouble if there's no extra gain? I could technically do the same with the other souls, but I won't because there is an extra reward for the extra work.
i personally like the challenge of not only collecting the ingredients for the weapons, but because i like using some of the weapons collecting ingredients multiple times, of course when i find myself going through a playthrough of terraria, sometimes i find myself with all the ingredients needed, there are a few ingredients though that require forthought, like the gatligator for the sharpshooter soul or the companion cube for the soul of the void.

one last question... any plans on teaming up with Grox for his mod? it has some pretty good accessories that could go into souls, a special set of runes that could be combined into one big accessory that could possibly go into the soul of dimensions recipe.

Also any plans on adding the plague hive and maybe the void of extinction to any recipes? i mean its alright if they aren't or are part of recipe's when other mods aren't included. i just figured it would be good for the Plague hive to be apart of the Soul of dimensions as it gives immunity to the plague debuff from Calamity.

As for an actual suggestion, i have no clue how difficult it would be to code but is it possible for you to make it so that when revengence is activated, certain recipe's for souls change? such as the Recipe for the supersonic soul changing to include the celestial tracers which include a yharon drop? just a bit of a suggestion for you to look into, i suggested the code change as... it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't want to do revengance runs if you added any of the new Revengance mode only accessories into the souls without making it so the recipe's change.

I have NO clue what happened to cause those prime swarm problems. >.> it just... happened out of nowhere... of course when i was doing it i was staying stationary to fight the swarm. that might have contributed to it cus i was only able to complete it without freezing by flying around to ensure not too many parts of skeletron prime were on the screen, it was weird.
probably no big Grealm support like that because it would just be a pain xD
There's already 8 different recipes for every soul depending on mods

n yea maybe I could add more calamity stuff and check for revengence but not soon.
[doublepost=1512318490,1512317950][/doublepost]NEW UPDATE - v .14.1
-renamed Gladiator's Soul to Berserker's Soul because Gladiator Enchantment exists
-added Pumpboi support from Sacred Tools
-fixed Olympian's Soul and Barbarians Essence issues with Thorium
-fixed negative HP mayhem

i personally like the challenge of not only collecting the ingredients for the weapons, but because i like using some of the weapons collecting ingredients multiple times, of course when i find myself going through a playthrough of terraria, sometimes i find myself with all the ingredients needed, there are a few ingredients though that require forthought, like the gatligator for the sharpshooter soul or the companion cube for the soul of the void.
I like that too. I do enjoy hunting down ingredients knowing that it'll pay off with a huge gain. Like for example, the Colossus soul with Elemental Unleash, Thorium, and Calamity installed is probably one of the most complex recipes I've ever seen in a mod. It took a lot to craft it, but it felt worth it to me because all those items needed were merged together. I actually had many of the ingredients for the Soul of the Void lying around already prior to making an effort to craft it. It was much easier to craft than I expected it to be, despite many of the rare items involved. On the other hand, the class souls get no additional benefit from modded content, so it feels like extra busywork to me. If those souls became stronger with modded content like the accessory souls do, I wouldn't mind the extra effort needed to craft them. I would argue a case for the class souls to be stronger because some of the singular items needed to craft the souls are only slightly weaker than the combined total of everything needed, like The Spirit of Purity's accessories. I'm not saying all the damage bonuses should be added together from every accessory that has one. That would be insanely OP even by this mod's standards.

I'm glad the negative HP issue is fixed. Using that accessory will no longer feel like a cheat to me, even if that "feature" was a glitch and not intentional.

Could the Abominationn sell the Black Pearl item from the Spirit Mod? There's other Spirit Mod summoning items sold but not this one. It starts the Tide event.

Could the Abominationn sell the Black Pearl item from the Spirit Mod? There's other Spirit Mod summoning items sold but not this one. It starts the Tide event.
Yeah i was wondering about that as well. >.> also i think Fargo should adjust the pricing on some of the boss summons purchase price. because another mod of mine, not sure which one, has various town npcs selling boss summons, and some are sold for cheaper then the mutant sells them for, such as the ancient medalion, its sold by the witch doctor for 50 gold rather then the several platinum from the mutant, though i understand the high price for them from the mutant.

How come Scourge of the Corruptor doesn't have a throwing counterpart? Going by the other convertable throwing weapons, it seems it would fit right in with you throwing a javelin.

So I'm not entirely sure what the deal is, but latergame Calamity bosses consistently oneshot me if I have Force of Life equipped even post-patch. Yes I know calamity is hard etc, they do normal damage for their design when I unequip FoL, but equipping it just gets me destroyed.

As far as I can tell vanilla and other modded postgame bosses (Ex. Thorium's Ragnarok) seem to work correctly damage wise post-patch.

Not sure if it's a Calamity problem or an interface problem - figured I'd post about it here too anyways in case it's useful information.

Last edited:
-Added Iron Enchantment, Gladiator Enchantment, Soul of the Void
-fixed Instavator bug
How do these fit with the other Enchantments in the crafting tree? (Also, yay, Instavator fix!)

Alchemy (Chemist/Chemical Infuser - "You understand every single atom in your tools")
Symphony (Sona/Sukone - "Sing loudly, and protect those you love with your music")
Radiant (Medic/Anderson - "But I want to take a stab at it anyway...")
Mysticism (Gladiator/Avatar - "The Gods smile upon you, and fight at your side")
Sentry (Mechanic/Dell - "And you best hope...not pointed at you.")
I know the alchemy class is from Tremor, and the bard and healer are from Thorium, but what mod(s) are the last two from?

Why go through the extra trouble if there's no extra gain?
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom