tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Just found out there's a setting in the Controls section where we can open a menu and chose which pets spawn from the souls. This changes things!

Just found out there's a setting in the Controls section where we can open a menu and chose which pets spawn from the souls. This changes things!
That would be this:

I remember there being a feature in the mod that brought up a UI to disable specific pet spawns.
Is that still there? Because if so you might want to add a tooltip about it to souls that spawn alot of pets.

I remember discovering this just by looking at the modded controls and got curious.

EDIT: My question on where to get 2 separate mods still stands.

That would be this:

I remember discovering this just by looking at the modded controls and got curious.

EDIT: My question on where to get 2 separate mods still stands.
I failed to notice that, sorry. Anyway, that answers your question as to wether or not the feature is still there.

As far as the two versions are concerned, Fargo stated that the mod will split in two next update. Ergo, the currently available version of the mod still exists as a single mod.

I remember there being a feature in the mod that brought up a UI to disable specific pet spawns.
Is that still there? Because if so you might want to add a tooltip about it to souls that spawn alot of pets.
Yea I probably will add some tooltips
[doublepost=1536942956,1536942887][/doublepost]
Whenever I start a new playthrough, I tend to give my new character a couple items from my previous playthrough. Never weapons or armor, as that would make it obviously overpowered, but rather QoL trinkets and gadgets. I didn't discover Soul of the Void's suck-ability until the new playthrough, so maybe I should ditch it due to its overpoweredness?

Fargo: Just like there are now (through mods) both melee weapons and thrown weapons, and all previously melee weapons that appear to be thrown, like boomerangs, can be crafted to and forth between dealing melee and thrown damage. Why not have two versions of the trinkets that spawn a lot of pets; one with pets, and one without, and we could craft between these versions by hand, like creating torches or sticky bombs?
Yes there is this and also vanity toggle will kill all pets
[doublepost=1536943011][/doublepost]
So, is the update not out yet? Ever since you split the mod I can't find either part now.
It's not out yet
Hey, i have been playing your mod for a while, and i want to say 2 things about the item "Infinity relic".
1. Because it makes you not consume consumables, you can infinitely open treasure bag, i don't know if you tend to do this but due to the fact that player can get this item right after "plantera", it become too op.
2. In Thorium mod, their is a weapon called "blood transfusion", the debuff of "Infinity relic" sometimes makes "blood tranfsuion" deal 0 damage, haven't tried out all other weapons yet.
That's all, thank you for such a wonderful mod.
Yea I will make it not work on treasure bags

Toggling the pets off through the mod interface only works for the current session. When I quit and restart the game they're back. Any way to make it permanent?

EDIT: Also, testing on my previous character, I can turn off all but three pets from Soul of Terraria. The crimson heart, the shadow orb, and some magic lantern I forgot what's called. ( EDIT 2: It's called 'Magic lantern' apparently -___- )

Last edited:
The reason I asked is because I couldn't find the current version on the mod browser and the one on the forums was much smaller in filesize than the one I currently have.
Alrighty, gotcha, I'll keep an eye out for the update when it comes and I'll just keep using the current versions.

All worth it for arguably the best QoL mod :)

Toggling the pets off through the mod interface only works for the current session. When I quit and restart the game they're back. Any way to make it permanent?

EDIT: Also, testing on my previous character, I can turn off all but three pets from Soul of Terraria. The crimson heart, the shadow orb, and some magic lantern I forgot what's called. ( EDIT 2: It's called 'Magic lantern' apparently -___- )
yes those have toggles now, also toggles saving is the greatest meme of this mod of all time. I have no idea how or if it will happen

I know you said that the Soul of the Void now only exist as part of the vortex enchantment, but I hope you consider giving the Rod of Discord -and the suck-portal features- a cooldown displayed as a debuff, so we'll be able to see when each function becomes available. It would also be useful if the charge-through-walls feature did not require a shield or charge-related item or trinket in order to work. I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time I've seen a codependent trinket. Still though, even without the dash-through-walls, it's still a ridiculously practical trinket.

Downloaded a mod called 'Rod of discord hook' the other day. It was very neat, but suffered from the fact that it drained health each use regardless of the cooldown having gone out or not, so I went back to Soul of the Void again.
If you could make something like SotV that can be placed in the hook slot (maybe without the gold- and suck-portals to not make it too OP? Perhaps leave the suck-portal to the Vortex enchantment?) then I'd be absolutely thrilled!

I know you said that the Soul of the Void now only exist as part of the vortex enchantment, but I hope you consider giving the Rod of Discord -and the suck-portal features- a cooldown displayed as a debuff, so we'll be able to see when each function becomes available. It would also be useful if the charge-through-walls feature did not require a shield or charge-related item or trinket in order to work. I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time I've seen a codependent trinket. Still though, even without the dash-through-walls, it's still a ridiculously practical trinket.

Downloaded a mod called 'Rod of discord hook' the other day. It was very neat, but suffered from the fact that it drained health each use regardless of the cooldown having gone out or not, so I went back to Soul of the Void again.
If you could make something like SotV that can be placed in the hook slot (maybe without the gold- and suck-portals to not make it too OP? Perhaps leave the suck-portal to the Vortex enchantment?) then I'd be absolutely thrilled!
I'd like to point at WeaponOut has accessories that function as RoD's as well, including a hook.

Man, I'm so glad so many mods make RoD craftable.

There's currently a crafting exploit with the Apprentice's, Slinger's, Barbarian's, and Sniper's Essences where they require nothing to craft. My theory is that this is because I have Thorium, but not Calamity installed. Below is my current modlist.

Auto Trash
Base Mod
Better Night Sky
Boss Checklist
Chad's Furniture Mod
Colored Damaged Types
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls
GRealm
Luiafk
Magic Storage
MoreAccessories+
No More Tombs
Recipe Browser
Reforge Armor
SacredTools
Terraria Overhaul
Thorium Mod
VeinMiner
WeaponOut
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF)
Wing Slot Yet Another Boss Health Bar
imkSushi's Mod

There's currently a crafting exploit with the Apprentice's, Slinger's, Barbarian's, and Sniper's Essences where they require nothing to craft. My theory is that this is because I have Thorium, but not Calamity installed. Below is my current modlist.
Um, no. It's just Thorium.

this is the 3rd time I've had to point out what would have been awsnered if you just read previous posts

I actually had a problem where I couldn't craft the apprentice's essence, despite having all the necessary materials. I had to go fetch it from a previous playthrough, the one where Thorium would just let me craft them from free. Haven't tried crafting any of the others yet, as I'm going for a magic-only run, and they're low priority until I have to craft Soul of the Universe.
Also, last, playthrough, when crafting the Crucible of the Cosmos, I had a dynasty bookshelf instead of a regular one. The description said any bookshelf would do, but it wouldn't let me craft it until I got myself a regular one from normal wood.

I wrote a bit of code that saves an array to the TSave file and can load it for a mod I am working on. It's doable without too much code ;)
Yea I got that far before but the checkmarks would always be there so I might just have to change how it looks hmm

QoL half will make the grapple key use the rod if it's anywhere in your inventory, you can use it as often as the actual item. Yea vortex will keep portals, maybe I'll add a cooldown debuff. Dash through walls is now part of the shinobi enchantment which comes with a dash.
[doublepost=1537192532,1537192372][/doublepost]
I actually had a problem where I couldn't craft the apprentice's essence, despite having all the necessary materials. I had to go fetch it from a previous playthrough, the one where Thorium would just let me craft them from free. Haven't tried crafting any of the others yet, as I'm going for a magic-only run, and they're low priority until I have to craft Soul of the Universe.
Also, last, playthrough, when crafting the Crucible of the Cosmos, I had a dynasty bookshelf instead of a regular one. The description said any bookshelf would do, but it wouldn't let me craft it until I got myself a regular one from normal wood.
I will make sure to add dynasty bookshelf. Recipes not working is usually other mod mayhem should all be working next update.

Is there a way to make the vortexes not effect boss minion/parts? It makes quite a few boss fights a breeze when you can just suck (say, Ceaseless Void's Dark Energies) Into it and kill them off in one spot.

the best way I think of this is checking if the creator (owner) is a boss of NPCs effected.

Is there a way to make the vortexes not effect boss minion/parts? It makes quite a few boss fights a breeze when you can just suck (say, Ceaseless Void's Dark Energies) Into it and kill them off in one spot.

the best way I think of this is checking if the creator (owner) is a boss of NPCs effected.
yea probably could do that even tho its hilarious

I just summoned Golem with your summoning item, and through the first part of the fight, its head was on the back layer. Meaning I could see the glowing core behind the mask during the whole fight. Not sure what causes this, but it didn't happen when summoning it the vanilla way.

Back
Top Bottom