Blocks & Decoration Fence-gates!

Quenton

Terrarian
So, you're building a cozy little farm, you've got your dirt, you've got the pretty picket fences as the background wall, and you want something to enter the little garden with..
You try a door, but it just doesn't cut it. It's far too big and looks way out of place for a garden. If it were a greenhouse, a door would be more welcome, but not for your nice little garden.
Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do about it. So forth comes the suggestion, gates!

Fence-gates should be small little doors designed to not be connected to a top block, like the door does. In my imagination, they should be 2 tiles high but the sprite itself only be 1.5 tiles high, for that authentic look. Obviously things will probably be implemented differently from what I imagine they'd be, but that's the image I enjoy thinking about. Of course you can put a block on top of the fence and block entrance, but there's (probably) no functional or aesthetic reason for doing so.

Starbound, a similar game to Terraria, has little fence gates in it and I think the little farms look charming and I'd love to be able to create my own in Terraria.
What do you think?

Yeah, I can see this being useful.

There would have to be large, metal gates too.
Because some people have large, metal fences.

Anyways, yeah, support.
Green thumbs up.

(Geddit? Cause gardens, growing stuff? No? Okay. I'll take my jokes elsewhere.)

Yeah, I can see this being useful.

There would have to be large, metal gates too.
Because some people have large, metal fences.

Anyways, yeah, support.
Green thumbs up.

(Geddit? Cause gardens, growing stuff? No? Okay. I'll take my jokes elsewhere.)

I get the joke. :)

I only wonder if while gate is 2 tiles high and 1,5 tile sprite, could it be possible to attack throught that 0,5 tile gap with renged weap/projectiles?

I only wonder if while gate is 2 tiles high and 1,5 tile sprite, could it be possible to attack throught that 0,5 tile gap with renged weap/projectiles?
Nah, it wouldn't be possible. you'd have to step up a tile or jump to hit over it

Back
Top Bottom