tModLoader Fewer Falling Stars and change the recipe to 10 Falling Stars per Blue Star ? (Just getting started)

Travistyle

Terrarian
Briefly, I'm well versed with software and game development but not very well versed in modding, and have no experience creating mods for Terraria. I'd like to reduce the rate at which falling stars occur and also change the recipe to be 10 falling stars to create a Mana Crystal. I'm on a time crunch and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. The closest I've seen is a Fargo's Mod which lets you increase the rate, but not drop it below 1.0 ; I currently don't know of a mod that lets you change the recipes for falling stars (or any existing recipe), I'd be fine with just making my own and telling people to use that one for balance, but it would be better if I could hide the other one maybe?

Way too much information version:

I'm going through a very very consuming process that will end with a housewarming party where I'm introducing two of my friends to Terraria for the first time. I've played through the game about 6 times now, my first time being in 2012, second time being with version 1.4, third time with basic mods, then calamity, then thorium, then spririt, and now again with slightly modded 1.3.5 that I stopped fairly early (so I don't count it) because I realized I'd be doing the group session(s).

I've played a lot of terraria imo. I've only played with 5 people the first time and myself with my partner each other time, except Spirit which was solo. In my personal opinion the very beginning of the game is the most enjoyable for me - and there are a LOT of diverse weapons and items and accessories that simply get outclassed very rapidly in the game! And so I'd like to slow things down just a tad and inject a little bit of actual progression to the mana curve - as of this moment you can get full mana nearly immediately and without even trying. I'd like for this to be an actual investment and to also be gathered more slowly as to nerf certain weapons which are simply made too strong due to the amount of mana you have.

I've been lacing chests and areas with cute decor and baubles that tell a super vague dotting of one off, individual, momentary snapshots of characters that once were - just to add a little bit of theming to my item drops. So far this feels really solid and I'm excited to play, but definitely need to sort out the mana curve to make this all work.

Edit: Found the information I believe I need in order to make this happen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom