Fighting Empress of Light During the Day with no mounts gravity potions or hardmode stuff.

Nekohime

Queen Bee
I've decided to attempt to fight her during the day. This is a ranger build btw. Mostly doing it for bragging rights.

Restraints
No hardmode accessories, weapons, or armor.
No mounts or minecarts
No Gravity Potions or Gravity Globe.
No Rod of Discord

I think I have a good idea of what I'll need. But was curious what you guys think I should bring for this absurd attempt.

Last edited:
Hopefully you're doing this on a normal mode world. However, there are some expert items that could be helpful:
  • The brain of confusion will give you a small change to dodge an attack. This may allow you to recover from a mistake, if you're lucky.
  • If I recall correct, the Shield of Cthulhu is the only prehardmode dashing item. The drawback is that hitting a mob interrupts your dash, though you would get a brief period of immunity from it.
The star cannon is probably the best prehardmode ranged weapon, DPS-wise. If you have other mobs around (say, lots of harpies), the gray zapinator could outperform it (with or without magic armor) with stacking bonuses, though it'd take a lot of luck to have a good shot to line up and get the right zapinator bonuses. (And I suppose if you're doing it for bragging rights, you probably don't want your success to bank on getting some lucky shots with the zapinator.)

The effective average DPS requirement to defeat the empress from 4:30 AM before she disappears the following nightfall is ultimately not that high. However, restricting yourself to prehardmode weapons will drag out the fight, which means more opportunities to make a mistake. Mobility restrictions are also going to make this more of a pain. It's possible with the right prehardmode mobility accessories (terraspark boots, bundle of balloons, frog leg or derivatives, etc.), but it's up to you if you really think it's worth it.

Normal is for chumps mate. Master Mode all the way. I think this is gonna be needed at minimum as far as accessories go

Terraspark Boot
Bundle of Baloons
Aglet
Anklet of the Wind
HORSESHOE!
Frog Gear (why we dont have a frog suit is beyond me :red2:
(6 max, as demon heart is a hardmode item) :/

Gold Watch in inventory.

The question is how long will this battle take. and how many stars do I need to farm. :dungeonguardian: wth, that needs to be a emoji

Back
Top Bottom