First 'Drow Rules' playthrough - came up against a bit of a snag

breadbin

Terrarian
i've been playing my first 'Drow Rules' playthrough and came up with a problem. Drow rules for anyone who doesnt know is when you dig down to the cavern layer immediately after spawning and stay down there until you defeat the wall of flesh. No going up for supplies like fallen stars, trees, dayblooms etc. I have been doing fine so far. Love the start when i was desperately looking for an underground house to rob the wood from!

But here is the snag. My NPCs were arriving as planned until they just stopped. I broke a shadow orb and got a musket from it and built a house for the arms dealer. i need the arms dealer to spawn in my village to get the ammo and minishark for wall of flesh. I have 4 suitable houses now for him but he is not spawning. i believe they wont spawn when there is a goblin invasion happening which there is but seeing as i cannot go back up i cannot get rid of it.

so i guess i have 2 options, cheat and go to the surface to kill the goblins or try defeat the wall of flesh without the minishark i.e. arrows or melee.

anyone else play drow rules before and come up against anything like this?

Honestly, just go up to the surface and murder those pesky goblins. They're obviously halting your progress, so they need to be dealth with.

Goblins will start spawning underground above your current Spawn Point when you get close enough to the surface, so technically you can fight them without having to get out of the ground. Other than that, I second Khaelis' advice. Rekt the hekt out of 'em!

Well I might give the wall of flesh a go first anyway. Flatten out the underground and see if I can beat it with a flamarang or hellfire arrows maybe. Slaughter the goblins once wof is beaten!

I'd say Hellfire Arrows or Demon Scythe are probably your best bet. (And the latter only in case you can get Mana from Jungle Armor or prefixes) good luck!

i'm seriously missing my cobalt shield now! getting knocked around the place trying to build an underworld skybridge to fight wall of flesh on!!

well it turns out i had to kill the goblins. i had died in the underworld plenty of times but one occasion i must have been carrying a voodoo doll. i'm playing on hard so when i died it fell in the lava and awoke the wall of flesh. i didnt fight it or anything but the guide wouldnt respawn because of the goblins. killed them, blown up with explosive trap and lost all my stuff. killed more then, guide respawned as did all the other npcs. tried wall of flesh but murdered me:( twice! lack of dayblooms is proving costly.

Back
Top Bottom