PS Vita First time this error happened to me! Lost absolutely everything:(

breadbin

Terrarian
Playing on the Vita and the game was saving. It hasn't crashed in about a year just to add. Then i got an error about how there is not enough mmeory on the Vita to save the game. It told me to minimize the game and delete one or more other apps from the Vita and that it needed 32kb more to save. I tried this and deleted 2 games but i couldn't get out of the loop. The error kept popping up about every 2-3 seconds. I was forced to close Terraria and then when i reopened it I got the Eula statement and an error that my save was corrupt and now everything is gone! All my worlds, all my characters not just the one i was playing. I don't suppose there is any way to get the others back? Some of them worlds I had 1000's of hours put into them.

Ouch! How painful... :(

I find it hard to believe that everything is gone. Only the world/character that were open should have been affected. For everything to disappear, the filesystem must have been damaged. If that's the case more than just Terraria saves might have disappeared as well.

I suggest that you contact 505 CS, maybe they know what to do (if anything can be done).

Also, according to your profile you have PS4 as well. Did you crossplay with it? Maybe there's something you can recover from there.

I had an issue on mobile not to long ago, started the game and it rextracted the files and my saves were all gone. 505 suport said they couldn't do anything. They can't recover local data.

Ouch. If you shared any data between the Vita and PS4 versions you could download those worlds/characters from the cloud.

If you have PS+ you can backup your full save to the cloud, and that data would have all your worlds and characters. If you don't have PS+, you can still use your computer to backup important saves using Content Manager. Having a backup save helped me after one of the game updates, so I do a backup after any day I play. It's also proved useful for importing saves, since I have the game on multiple memory cards. It's worth it for any game you invest lots of time in.

I hope you recover your data.

Back
Top Bottom