**REPORTED** Fishing text appears as three duplicates.

superwill771

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When sonar potion effect is active, the text reveals to be seperate outlines when it shrinks.

Update: I found out this also affects item pickup text and can be seen when you squint at it.

Update 2: this issue is taken witn 110% UI scale.
20200519104420_1.jpg
20200519114101_1.jpg

20200531192535_1.jpg

Update 3: this issue is still present.

Last edited:
That doesn't answer my question. I was asking because it was important to diagnosing the issue.

That doesn't answer my question. I was asking because it was important to diagnosing the issue.
I took those cropped screenshots at 110% UI scale and 1920x1080 resolution. Maybe I could have reported this with a larger UI scale.
Actually I took them using the F12 button right when it shrinks and before the text disappear.

Last edited:
I happened to encounter this visual bug as well. Tested with a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 on a maximized game window and rescaled my UI to 100% just to check if the visual glitch still occurred. Unlike all other item pickup text instances using the Sonar Potion produces text with funky blue outlines.

Reported this issue, as I'm unable to reproduce it, but perhaps we can find the cause regardless. :)

Alrighty, this was buggin me, so I decided to test it. Of course, it wasn't happening. It took about 10 minutes, and the text started to blur a little, and yeah, this started to happen.
For details, I was using all three fishing buffs (Fishing, Sonar, Crate), Golden Rod, Master Bait, Tackle Bag. I just did the same thing I was doing when I noticed it the first time, dedicated Oyster Fishing in an Oasis!

Wait, are you guys talking about the split second where it fades out?

I thought you were saying it applied to all Sonar Potion text.

If its just the fade out then this isn't really an issue. If its not, then I need a screencap please.

Wait, are you guys talking about the split second where it fades out?

I thought you were saying it applied to all Sonar Potion text.

If its just the fade out then this isn't really an issue. If its not, then I need a screencap please.

20200521100701_1.jpg

Yes, this issue is noticeable at the split second where it fades out. Here is a screencap at 180% UI scale and 1920x1080 resolution.

Yeah, it's during the fade out. There DOES always seem to be three lines of text there, they just all start in the same place, and veryyyy slowly start to spread out as you fish more and more (Restarting the game resets it for me).

Back
Top Bottom