Portfolio/Multi-Topic fix progression of the game to be more fresh and patch up later gameplay

caIImehD

Terrarian
there was a mod i saw on tModLoader (Steam Workshop::Fish Guns+ [1.4.4]) that adds more fish guns for range and made me think about expanding weapon variety for all classes

this may be a hassle to add 20+ weapons for the other classes but considering that melee is the favorite child of saving weapons until the endgame to make it all come together for your final weapon, i feel as if other classes should have at least some consideration towards this idea (i.e save a wand of frosting, magic scepter, thunder zapper, and vilethorn/crimson rod to make Insert Weapon Name Here)
although i think you should consider cutting down on adding new items towards this progression like to make a true weapon it would be better to just use 50 mana stars instead of creating an all-new item for this purpose only, but if all of this comes together, the progression for all classes may not be so drastic

and considering you're adding more whips to the fray, this could tie in well to make the whip progression want others to backtrack to complete the set, so the gameplay time can feel somewhat fresh instead of mild bloatedness of mining for ore or just beating bosses until you get a weapon you will be set with for the rest of the game (like the razor typhoon if you decide to beat fishron pre-mech)
and if this doesn't suffice, it would be better to patch up the unfair advantage, like making a truffle worm only spawn if you've beaten 1 or more mech bosses, considering that many articles say that razorblade typhoon should be netted pre-lunar events, and i would be talking about the drastic advantage of everyone else, but due to the fact that mages use pure power that can overwhelm any boss, the razorblade typhoon makes the game a laughingstock. mage has no weakness at this point of the game if you just save up multiple magic potions and get the mana flower, which, you can handle any way you want

the post-game, too, is lacking a lot, since im assuming the postgame was for users to do whatever they didn't do... but what if you did everything? that means there's nothing to do anymore, and you can leave this game to rest, or just get mods, but there are no mods on any other device stuck on pc... so now what?

one suggestion i could say is to balance out waves to be played after post-game, like how the moons are, so when events like the goblin army come up, it would be a fair challenge to fight them without sweeping through them, or maybe add post-game expanded bosses, which knock the bosses' difficulty up, like giving eye of cthulhu HP similar to the twins, and making the bosses a fair challenge to re-fight them for better rewards, like trophies that shine as a rainbow (but of course to be fair you'd have to beat the boss before to unlock this difficulty, maybe it says a message in chat to notify that you beat the boss and can re-fight him, like "An evil presence looms once more..."), and most bosses that require a summon maybe could be re-crafted with luminite to differ from regular bosses you want to fight the previous bosses without getting their harder counterpart (natural summons won't be affected, like deerclops)

finally, i'd like if unused items gained more prominent uses later in the game, like the amphibian gear, & the balloons since they're good alternatives to wings and the climbing gear but they're undermined heavily when it comes to later game, as most may gravitate towards the ninja gear for movement, so i suggest most items that are prominent in the early game, such as the shark tooth necklaces, which, a good idea would be to merge them with the stones (moon, sun) and charms, which would boost your damage whenever it's the opposite time, and when you merge the stones, it would just boost your damage by a longshot. overall, just make older items more prominent so it's worth it to save your items.

Back
Top Bottom