Flying dutchman in a bottle

pbq

Terrarian
"It looked much better on the box..."
Capture 2017-05-28 16_23_54.png

This seems like an obvious idea, but I didn't seem to find a "flying dutchman in a bottle". If someone knows of one, please post a link or pm me.
P.S. Yes, I know this looks terrible.

How'd you get the ship and crew in there?
I didn't get them in there, I built the bottle around the flying dutchman.

It's pretty simple, build a vertical pillar and get dutchman stuck on it while you're hiding on the other side. Then start boxing him in from top and bottom, extend the top until you can place a block below the ceiling on his other side(extendo reach or builder potion might be required, I used gizmo pack), then complete the sidewall and bottom(you could also build another box on top of dutchman box it to contain the pirates he spawns). Now that you're safe from cannon fire, build the bottle around him. Then remove bottom from containment box and most of the sides so they don't show in the screenshot.

I didn't notice it when I was taking my screenshot, but the ceiling of the containment box is still visible as a horizontal black line just under the "siderails" of the dutchman. I should have tried to remove more of the containment box, 3 blocks total(1 on each side and 1 on top) is probably enough to contain it, but I didn't realize it was still visible in the screenshot until today.

Try to have enough building materials, I had to restart once because I ran out of glass, and had to build "model kit box" from plan wood because I didn't have anything else on hand.

Thats one of the most creative ideas I've ever seen when somebody messes with mobs. Nice Build:D

Creative! I'm srprised I hadn't thought of it before. Will you also try and capture the Cthulhu body part bosses into a build of him? Cause that could be quite the sight
Tip for catching - the Dutchman spawns off-screen, to the right or left. See the wiki for reference so that you may build your entire build first and then attempt a couple invasions to spawn the Dutchman in the bottle.
And as for the bottle - lengthen the bottle, curve the edges a bit, add the tiny wood support diagonal beams to the wood support beams under it, try sloping the wooden base, add the cork.

Back
Top Bottom