3DS Foreground blocks disappearing when inside herb farm

Iaeyan Elyuex

Terrarian
I recently finished my herb farm. It is rather large, with 7 layers, and at least 80 pots on each layer. The issue occurs when I move my character towards the center of the farm building. My character disappears, then the foreground blocks disappear, leaving the background walls visible. Then the flame effect on my character's wings disappears. I can still move around as if nothing's wrong, I just can't see what I'm doing. When I move out of "range" of the bug, everything goes back to normal. There's not even any lag during the effect, either. The building is made of gray stone bricks, and glass windows at the same level as the herb plants. It has three wooden doors. One on each side, and a third on the top via a roof access extension. The pots rest on wooden platforms.

This isn't "save corruption" bad, but it is annoying.

I recently finished my herb farm. It is rather large, with 7 layers, and at least 80 pots on each layer. The issue occurs when I move my character towards the center of the farm building. My character disappears, then the foreground blocks disappear, leaving the background walls visible. Then the flame effect on my character's wings disappears. I can still move around as if nothing's wrong, I just can't see what I'm doing. When I move out of "range" of the bug, everything goes back to normal. There's not even any lag during the effect, either. The building is made of gray stone bricks, and glass windows at the same level as the herb plants. It has three wooden doors. One on each side, and a third on the top via a roof access extension. The pots rest on wooden platforms.

This isn't "save corruption" bad, but it is annoying.
This is a great description of the bug you're seeing. I'm not sure that I've heard of this for the 3DS. If possible, it would be helpful to get a picture of your screen right before you disappear and then when you do disappear.

Also, I recommend sending the bug directly to 505 Games here to make sure they see it:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Here is a link to the pictures I just took. <><><><><>
Also, my touch screen goes completely black inside the affected area. If fact, the first things to disappear are the touch screen buttons.

EDIT: I just submitted the bug report. Good luck squishing this thing. It's really annoying.

Last edited:
Here is a link to the pictures I just took. <><><><><>
Also, my touch screen goes completely black inside the affected area. If fact, the first things to disappear are the touch screen buttons.

EDIT: I just submitted the bug report. Good luck squishing this thing. It's really annoying.
Nice pics! That is certainly weird how you start disappearing.

Great news that you sent in the bug through the form too, hopefully 505 Games can look into it and see what they can do.

It's likely an issue caused by the 3DS's lack in processing power. You might end up having to split up your farm so you don't have so many blocks concentrated in one area.

It's likely an issue caused by the 3DS's lack in processing power. You might end up having to split up your farm so you don't have so many blocks concentrated in one area.
Seriously? This game is 2D and can run easily on the toaster that is my old laptop! How weak is the 3DS' processor? What kind of chip is in there, a Dorito?

Back
Top Bottom