Frost Moon Help.

I'm doing a ranger play through and now I'm trying to get a Chain Gun from the Frost Moon event.
(Before we continue I am aware of the fact that RANDOM drops are a thing, I'm just confused as to these odds)
But if you can't tell by me posting this, I'm having a bit of trouble. I have gotten to wave 12, and even killed 3 Ice Queens with little hassle, I even got a North Pole on the first kill! :merchanteek:

But the Santa-NK1s are another story. When they do appear they are nest to impossible to kill without dying, and when they do die, they drop nothing at all.
I managed to kill about 10 of those pains, and like I said got nothing. Even the Everscreams are giving me good stuff, i had 2 Everscream Trophies and 5 Razorpines by the time I was done with the event!

I don't know what I am doing wrong here, so hopefully one of you knows what the problem here is.

Here's my gear:
Shroomite Armor (All Helmets(and was that a load of fun:merchantsigh:))
Menacing Fishron Wings
Angry Lighting Boots
Warding Sniper Scope
Warding Obsidian Shield
Armored Ranger Emblem
Unicorn Mount
Illuminate Hook
(I also have full Health and Mana)
(My Defense with all my buffs is 66)

Here's my weapons:

Unreal Megashark
Murderous Tsunami
Ruthless Electrosphere Launcher
Demonic Grenade Launcher
Hurtful Staff of the Frost Hydra
Deadly Tempest Staff
North Pole (no reforge) (why not? lol)
(All my ranged weapons have crit chance of about 45% with buffs and not cloaked)

Ammo:
Chlorophyte Bullets
Endless Musket Pouch
Venom Arrows (I have a literal chest FULL of these)
Rocket III

Buffs:
Sharpening Station
Crystal Ball
Ammo Box
Bewitching Table
Pumpkin Pie

I have no arena beyond an elevated platform with campfires.
I have a few Banners for the enemies of the wave set up.

open

I doubt this is good but I want to know if I'm just having crappy luck, or I'm doing things horribly wrong, or if its even worth getting the Chain Gun and that I should just get right to the lunar events.
Thanks to anyone who helps, even a little. :merchantwink:

Attachments

• Arena Pic.png
    Arena Pic.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Get yourself some holy arrows and use the Tsunami. Should be rather easy to get to later waves. The drop chances of items increases as you progress through the waves, so you get much more loot if you get further.

Also consider getting yourself some potions. Ironskin, Regeneration, Warmth, Endurance, Rage and/or Wrath potion will help quite a bit for the Frost Moon.

Back
Top Bottom