Game constantly crashing either randomly or on Save and Exit.

ahpla

Terrarian
I've been playing Terraria for years and this is the first time I have seen these types of crashes happen. To add context, I have edited my players and worlds using TEdit and Yal.cc, but to my knowledge these should not be breaking the game. I have also used these in the past and my game has not crashed this much. I am on Windows 11 and my game will frequently crash when I Save and Exit or when I die. Sometimes it will crash when I am just playing normally as well. I have reinstalled multiple times, whitelisted in Windows Security and verified game files and nothing is fixing the issue. I have checked Event Viewer and these are the errors I see:

Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.4.3.6, time stamp: 0x622fb422
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22610.1, time stamp: 0xc071ba20
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00147092
Faulting process id: 0x0x48F8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D860D656E5C9F6
Faulting application path: D:\Programs\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e100d05f-e704-43e8-b673-5fd7b7c4ddd8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: Terraria.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.Copy(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Copy(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at Terraria.Player.InternalSavePlayerFile(Terraria.IO.PlayerFileData)
at Terraria.Player+<>c__DisplayClass1706_0.<SavePlayer>b__0()
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ProtectedInvoke(System.Action)
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(Terraria.IO.PlayerFileData, Boolean)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveToonWhilePlayingCallBack(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

To add onto the verification of Steam files, when I verify the files it will usually say 1 file failed to validate and then the game will work for a short period of time. However it will crash after a while and it will continue this loop of validating a single file. I have also tried sfc /scannow and it says there are no issues with my Windows files. What other options do I have?

Back
Top Bottom