Mobile Game crashes when trying to go in an expert mode only world (iPad mini 2, iOS 12)

Mischa.P

Terrarian
I tried to open an brand new expert world and about 5 seconds later the game crashes. I have tried to go in the world with multiple characters and it did not work. I restarted my iPad to no such luck, Pls help

I tried to open an brand new expert world and about 5 seconds later the game crashes. I have tried to go in the world with multiple characters and it did not work. I restarted my iPad to no such luck, Pls help
Are you able to open up any other worlds? Can you upload the world that is giving you the problem.
  • Here’s where you can find your world files:
    • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
    • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
    • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

I can still go in my other worlds. Also, this is my first expert mode world(don’t judge me)
Thanks for uploading it Mischa. I’m able to go into the world and fly around just fine. There was a goblin army that started after I was in the world for a minute or two, and was able to complete it without problems as well.
3CF04EE2-A16D-4537-A2D7-10D557A85214.png 144B02C5-1C27-44F6-83D2-E10BC1158A37.png

In your first post you mentioned that you were having trouble opening up a brand new expert world. Are you sure that’s this one? This world is in hardmode.

Here are some things to try:
  • In the Settings, put all graphics to Low
  • Also in Settings, turn the background off
  • Try to enter the world again
If that doesn’t work, you may benefit from a fresh install of the game. Make backup copies of your player folder and world folder first though. Reinstalling will delete them, so create a copy of them somewhere outside of the Terraria folder.

Oops, sorry! That was the wrong world. I posted the world on a different device. THIS is the world I am having problems with. Wait, now I can’t post any terraria world files. They are greyed out.

Oops, sorry! That was the wrong world. I posted the world on a different device. THIS is the world I am having problems with. Wait, now I can’t post any terraria world files. They are greyed out.
Are you able to post a screenshot of where/how they are grayed out?

The file is greyed out
That may be the .bak file. Apple likes to hide the file extensions. If you tap and hold, then look at the file details, it may be that it's really called Expert.wld.bak. (The forum should still let you upload .bak files, but it won't be any help).

If you can find the real .wld file, try that in the "Worlds" folder. Or if the real .wld file is nowhere to be found that might be why it's not working. I don't think that the .bak files work on mobile. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Back
Top Bottom