Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I using the Downgrade Patches, the game stops almost instantly after pressing 'Launch'. I verified the integrity of the game's cache and reinstalled Game Launcher but no change. This is what the log shows:
07:34:35 Start() - Starting: Terraria Launcher.exe
07:34:35 Start() - Process started
07:34:35 Start() - Process exited

I'm assuming the Game laucher is not running unless I launch it?
Does it store anything in any other location apart from MyGames/Terraria
and SteamApps/common/Terraria?
Where does game laucher store the back up ?******

A few days ago I finllaly caved into badgering from my children and tried installing the mods they wanted.
The lates verison of Gimeiki is only available for 1.2.4.1 So I came here in order to revert the game.

After hours and hours and several attemtps I got Game laucher to work and show previous game version rather than just being empty.
But It only displayed 1.2.0… and older I think (certainly no 1.2.3 or 1.2.4. or I would have installed Gimeiki)
So I never even got as far as installing Gimeki.

I think I started 1.0.0.0 once to the select single multi player etc screen.

I then reverted the game on request fo the children as they did not want to play that version and did not want to wait any longer. (basically deleting the 2 terraria folders and replacing them with the copies to the desktop I made before starting all this. )
(Despite this precaution) It has not worked properly since. It crashes after a while or every time he tries to exit/save.
And no amount of cashe clearing trough steam, un- and re-installing via steam or manualy deleting the terraria files in the 2 locations mentioned My games and steamapps/Common has so far fixed the problem.

a window opens telling me that it could not write to some .dll file as it was used by another process
I was unable to copy paste from the window and I have no idea how to make a screen shot. (not in windows anyway)

Any Ideas? Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

The most curious thing is that after the last steam de-install/re-install I did not mannually put pack the worlds and player folders.
But they were there when I opened the new terraria? Which is why I suspect it might be the game laucher backup reloading itself?

I'm kind of new to the forum, but i have installed both tapi and game launcher before. I already know that people are having problems getting Tapi to launch from GL, and i, like everyone else is having the same problem. Even though the GL has been updated on the front page I'm still having the problem. I have tried deleting Terraria fully and also checked the validity of my game files and re-installed both Tapi and Game Launcher and they still wont launch.

I have heard of people getting log issues with their games immediately quitting, but i havent had that problem. Is this just a problem with me, or is it happening to everyone else, because since the update, the forum has been silent. Right now I'm just looking for solutions and i am downgrading as we speak.

Sorry if this will turn out as a dumb question, but does that mean that right now, you can't downgrade to earlier versions?
I'm kinda confused since some people are saying it just doesn't let to downgrade to 1.2.3/4 and such.
I'd love a quick answer if someone could give me one <3

can u make a update that support any terraria version without beigng a steam version pls i really want play version 1.0.0
No, as it would be used for piracy, and while I understand that you have the GoG version, that has no DRM. So you may have purchased it legally, many have not.

I need help please! I tried installing it and I don't want to play the older versions of Terraria and now when I launch it from Steam, it doesn't load up 1.3.0.8, just loads up the Game Launcher UI. How do I revert back to the original? I need help please!

I need help please! I tried installing it and I don't want to play the older versions of Terraria and now when I launch it from Steam, it doesn't load up 1.3.0.8, just loads up the Game Launcher UI. How do I revert back to the original? I need help please!
1. Go to your 'Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria' folder
2. Delete Terraria.exe
3. Rename TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe to Terraria.exe

Everything should run fine after that.

If all else fails, backup your saves/maps and clear the Terraria folder, then re download through steam.

On a side note:
When can we expect a 1.2.4 downgrade patch?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add a release date on the downloads page, so we have an idea how old the releases are? I am new to GameLauncher, and I could not tell how old the latest download was. (Answer: older than I thought)

Awesome to see the new version out!

Just wondering why there's no option to downgrade to version 1.2.4.1? Really bums me out, I can't play my custom generated worlds D'X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom