PC Game wont open

aidan.shy

Terrarian
Every time i open Terraria my steam shows me that im in terraria but nothing opens. So when i check task manager it shows that its working in the background and it stays like this for like and hour. What do i do? Help me plz

Does it eventually switch your status to Online, or does it stay "In Game" but you are unable to see it? Follow this guide to enable logging so we can get some clues as to what may be happening.

Some general fixes you should try:

1. Restart Steam.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Reinstall Terraria's dependencies (XNA 4.0 Redist, .Net 4.7.2, DirectX) If you're using Windows 10 let me know so I can show you how to repair .Net on your OS.

4. Delete your config.json located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria

5. Verify the integrity of your steam game cache.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to do anything I went over.

Alright, try out the things I suggested in my post, including enabling logging.

Logging may give us clues even if it isn't crashing. If not we can try the Event Viewer. First try my 5 suggestions outlined in my post, then, if it still won't launch try enabling logging. If that doesn't give us clues we'll use the Event Viewer.

Hi, ive got pretty much the same problem, im playing (i mean i can't) from steam and when i press the "play" button, my profile turn green and after 3 seconds comeback to the online blue color. The game isnt even starting. I need help there.

If you go to your install directory and launch the Terraria Server a black box will appear which should contain some information I need on why the game won't boot. Screen shot it and upload it here.

When i start TerrariaServer.exe , i got this for 5 seconds and it stops itself :
upload_2018-12-28_15-38-43.png

(My os is in French)

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-28_15-38-3.png
    upload_2018-12-28_15-38-3.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 198
I was halfway through writing up my super long post on possible solutions, I'm glad you got it fixed though!

What DLL's did you download, from where, and where did you put them if I might ask?

@Yurrik55 YOUR A GOD, I Was having this issue for like a year, and was just too lazy to do a fresh install of windows, was literally about to do so then tried this and it WORKED!!!.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. JUST IN TIME FOR JOURNEYS END :D

Back
Top Bottom