1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

Game wont start

Discussion in 'PC Technical Support' started by Cuberoc, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Cuberoc

Cuberoc Terrarian

So when I click on the Terraria Icon or try to start the game through Steam Library, it will say "Preparing to launch" Yet the window does not pop up. Nor does a process in TM show up. Anyhelp will be appreciated.

I have done the compatibility check already. So thats out of the possible fixes.

Attached Files:

2. Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid Plantera

Start with reinstalling the dependencies. This should be XNA 4.0 Redist and .Net 4.7.2 Framework. Once you have done that, if it still won't launch restart steam, if it won't launch after that restart your computer.

If all that fails let me know, after that we'll need to use the Event Viewer to see if anything gives us some insight as to why it won't launch.

3. Cuberoc

Cuberoc Terrarian

These are what popped up for me.

Attached Files:

4. Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid Plantera

Alright, let's try this:

If that doesn't work come back and we'll try something else, if you need any clarifications feel free to ask.

5. Cuberoc

Cuberoc Terrarian

So XNA 4.0 Redist re-downloaded, but Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 would not and here is the prompt.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2018 ---
    It works! The game finally started up Ill wait tomorrow again to see if it still works.

Attached Files:

Grumpy Squid likes this.
  6. Grumpy Squid

Grumpy Squid Plantera

Im glad you got it working, if it has any other troubles let me know.