Gamepad Question

GamerChiq

Skeletron Prime
If I am posting this in the wrong place, feel free to point me to the right thread and lock this. I've been away for some time now and I see there has been controller support added. I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to get it set up. Do I just plug my game pad into the computer and start playing terraria and do I need a specific gamepad brand? If these questions have been answered, just point me in the right direction. I did a brief search and I wasn't able to find anything.

Overall, you mainly just need to plug the controller into your computer to enable your controller for the game. It does have to be done before you start Terraria however because the game checks to see if you have a controller when you start running it and if it's plugged in after you start Terraria, it won't register it. This is actually universal for all games that allow controllers.

If you're using a 3rd party controller (such as a Logitech Controller based off of the Xbox/Playstation controllers) It may require registering it as an Xinput controller, because that is the main thing computers use to identify controllers with PC games. I'm unsure how to do this personally unfortunately since I've only used an Xbox 360 Controller with my PC games, so someone that personally uses a 3rd party controller will be able to assist you better with that if you are using a 3rd party controller.

thank you! I appreciate that. I'm using a third party controller...cheap one lol. It's called iBuffalo. So I will see how to get that configured. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom