Weapons & Equip Geyser Wand

There are currently three wands in terraria that let you cast a controllable projectile, and the prehardmode of these are noncraftable. (Edit:not actually sure why that’s important) I propose that the Magic Missle and the Flamelash be combineable at a mythril/orichalcum anvil to create the Geyser Wand, name liable to change. It would shoot a cloud of silver steam that deals 44 damage, uses 18 mana, use time of 20, and 9% critical strike chance. Though controllable, steam projectile will not home in or pierce, but will have a much larger explosion radius. It can remove the On Fire debuff from what it hits, but can also apply the Scalded debuff which causes the afflicted to suffer 50% increased damage. One bonus reason I want this is the sizzle sound I imagine it making would be very satisfying.

Why 9% crit chance? Actually, why any of this? What's the niche that this fills?
I do like the idea of this since
1. It gives us more cursor controlled weapons, especially right before the rainbow rod which is next progression wise
2. It lets us combine 2 items that are almost near the exact same spot in progression
3. The more early hardmode content, the better since it’s not something you’d have to mine adamantite or titanium for

That's not how it works. Base crit chance is 4%. The Night's Edge combines 4 weapons that all have 4% crit chance, but it doesn't get 16% crit chance.
Do you think 9%!is too high? To low? To arbitrary? What’s the problem? I increased the crit chance since the base damage isnt
Much higher than the flamelash.

Do you think 9%!is too high? To low? To arbitrary? What’s the problem? I increased the crit chance since the base damage isnt
Much higher than the flamelash.
I think it's too high, and also arbitrary. There's no reason for the crit chance to be greater than 4%. The weapon having a large AOE is already going to make it good enough at crowd control to be an upgrade to the Flamelash.

Back
Top Bottom