PC Ghastly Glaive no longer scaling with Melee Speed "correctly" as of 1.4.?

Blanc#6336

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Checking the Ghastly Glaive changelog on the terraria fandom wiki page, you're met with this image:
1646517941362.png

I'm here to report that there's a very notable change missing somewhere between the final version of 1.3, and the most recent version of 1.4, wherein Ghastly Glaive seemingly stopped having its range affected by melee speed - and this isn't just on the wiki, I've been unable to find this change mentioned in any of the balance or changelogs for any of the 1.4 updates.

So why the quotations around "correctly"? Well, I don't have any reason to believe this wasn't intentional, as much as I so dearly wish it wasn't.
Ghastly Glaive in 1.3 (tested in TModloader to verify, proof below) would have the range of the spear drastically increased as you went up in melee speed, to an almost absurd amount, the weapon looked obscene with enough melee speed, and thus I cant say for certain they didn't patch it out in the name of making it look normal, but the way Ghastly Glaive functions in current terraria, its range may as well put it into fetid baghnakh range, which is sad for a spear.

If this was intentionally fixed, it needs to be mentioned somewhere.
If this wasn't intentionally fixed, please revert it! Even if it's only scaling 50% with melee speed! I would LOVE to see Ghastly Glaive have some kind of functionality again with melee speed kits that were so much fun in the past, not to mention PvP and other niche sports where Glaive had the potential to be an enjoyable tool, only for it to seemingly be forced out of viability in 1.4

For proper proof of this bug, I've linked a video below of me in a kit with a large amount of melee speed using Ghastly Glaive, swapped into a more modest kit with less melee speed to show no change, then in TModloader using a kit with less melee speed than the first one showing how huge Ghastly Glaive's range used to scale.
To be 100% transparent, I show proof testing this on a multiplayer server where it is possible to modify weapon velocity with plugins and similar modifications, but I assure you I've tested this on vanilla singleplayer to the same results, Ghastly Glaive no longer scales in reach with melee speed.

>> Video Evidence/Showcase Here! CLICK ME <<

Back
Top Bottom