NPCs & Enemies Giant Beetle

diego246

Terrarian
Welcome to my second suggestion on the forums: The Giant Beetle!

I have always thought that the golem dropping beetle husks was a little strange. This inspired me to make this suggestion.

Summoning

Summoned with: Suspicious looking shell
After defeating Plantera, a new mob called a Purple Tortoise will be able to spawn, which acts just like a giant tortoise except with more health, damage, and defense.
9IcFJwW.png
(Sprite by me)
It will be about as common as regular tortoises, and it will drop the Suspicious Looking Shell
05nTGaJ.png
(Sprite by me) with the same chance as the Turtle Shell from Giant Tortoises (5.88%). The shell will summon the boss at any time of day and anywhere you want.

Giant Beetle

The Giant Beetle looks like, you guessed it, a giant beetle. I am terrible at spriting, I will leave that for somebody else to do if they want to.

Stats:

Health: 35,000
Defense: 30
Attacks:
  • Like the Queen Bee, the Giant Beetle summons mini beetles that look similar to the ones that fly around the player when they are wearing beetle armor. They use the Flying AI.
  • Also like the queen bee, flies in the air and charges back and forth. After doing this a few times it goes into "tired" mode and crawls slowly on the ground, and occasionally charges at the player if they are on the ground.
  • Follows the player around doing melee damage, similar to the Flying AI.

Drops:

5-15 Greater Healing Potions, 100%
4-8 Beetle Husks, 100% (Golem will no longer drop them)
Beetle Sword, 50% (70 damage - works like the bee keeper and summons beetles that do 25 damage each)
Beetle Staff, 50% (30 damage - summoning weapon - summons beetles that act like ravens from the Raven Staff)
Either the Beetle Sword or Beetle Staff will drop when you kill the boss, but never both of them.

Again, I am terrible at spriting, somebody can sprite these drops if they want to.

I will probably add more later, I just wanted to get this suggestion out there. Feel free to leave your feedback and suggestions down below! :)

So a hardmode queen bee with basically the same drops that also drops beetle husks?

If you really don't want golem to drop beetle husks, then just make a post golem enemy called the beetle to drop it or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom