Weapons & Equip Give summoners better equipment options pre-mechanical bosses

ArmokGoB

Terrarian
I've been doing a master mode playthrough with three of my friends since 1.4 dropped. We all picked classes and I chose summoner because I didn't realize it was a full class. I've felt horribly underpowered and squishy basically the whole game. I had to build a massive wall to even get my summons to hit Skeletron Prime and the Twins because the only weapon I had a chance of reliably getting was the Spider Staff. The Blade Staff is ~1/50 drop from a rare enemy and the Sanguine Staff requires killing what is essentially a boss, which is not reliably summonable, during a blood moon. Bee Armor and Spider Armor provide almost no defense for how close you have to get to hit things with your whip and for bosses to draw aggro from your summons. You can't just plink things from a bazillion miles away like ranger and caster can.

TL;DR: There feels like there's one "right" option for summoners at every stage of the game pre-mechanical bosses and the "right" options aren't even that good, compared to other classes. I feel like expanding summoner options should be a priority.

The opposite problem is true. The Blade Staff is absurdly overpowered in its current state, it's a short grind with a dps that outperforms every pre-plantera summoning option (and most other class's options to boot). The Blade Staff needs to be toned down, the Pirate and Twins staffs need to be toned up to match, and the Sanguine Staff needs to be a 100% drop chance from the incredibly overpowered and hard to summon Nautilus.

The opposite problem is true. The Blade Staff is absurdly overpowered in its current state, it's a short grind with a dps that outperforms every pre-plantera summoning option (and most other class's options to boot). The Blade Staff needs to be toned down, the Pirate and Twins staffs need to be toned up to match, and the Sanguine Staff needs to be a 100% drop chance from the incredibly overpowered and hard to summon Nautilus.
Blades are already rare and the staff is a 2.86% drop from one.

Blades are already rare and the staff is a 2.86% drop from one.
Blades are a common enemy and that's a high drop-chance. Spend a little time in the Hallow and you'll have one lickity split. It's well-worth it for how overpowered the item is.

tbh i would like to see more content with summoner pre-mech bosses as well (mainly pre-hardmode) but the blade staff is real thicc

Blades are trash vs. Destroyer cause they can't sense through blocks and also return too quickly. Blades are not that good vs. twins because twins don't even have that much armor and can't really catch up to a minecart-riding player.

Spider for Twins
Optic for Destroyer
Blades for Skele Prime

Back
Top Bottom