Resolved Glitch is dangerous?

Jpdro

Terrarian
Hi
I discovered a duplication glitch in a video and, curious, I tried: it worked!
I showed to all my friends and they
I didn't used the glitch for any advantage to that point: I just tested it, - but my friends...they got 999 platinum coins and a lot of things- later I was doing something like that
But I was worried about a thing: can we be banned from steam by that? Isn't it a kind of "cheat"?
So I want to know that( we are in endgame, sooo It's basically for the fun ). Please
(Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil)

Hi
I discovered a duplication glitch in a video and, curious, I tried: it worked!
I showed to all my friends and they
I didn't used the glitch for any advantage to that point: I just tested it, - but my friends...they got 999 platinum coins and a lot of things- later I was doing something like that
But I was worried about a thing: can we be banned from steam by that? Isn't it a kind of "cheat"?
So I want to know that( we are in endgame, sooo It's basically for the fun ). Please
(Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil)
Basic duplication is not "cheating", by Steam standards. It does not involve a detectable external cheat engine, and you would not be VAC banned for that.

Terraria items have no viable market and no intrinsic value; a "duped" item is indistinguishable from a "legit" one. The basic mechanics of the game make item duping easy. The "cheating" of doing so is only in the eyes of the beholder. Re-Logic doesn't condone it, but they are not planning to take steps to prevent it either, as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom