Biomes & Nature Glowing moss biome overhaul

Nigel368

Skeletron
I think the glowing moss biomes added in 1.4 could really use an overhaul. Right now they honestly are more cool to look at than anything else but I think it's be cool if they were more than just normal cave terrain with moss on the tiles, I think some sort of more unique generation akin to the granite and marble caves or even the glowing mushroom biome would be great alongside some custom glowing background walls and objects, maybe even some cool plants and rock formations as background objects, and of course enemies. Critters would be cool there too, maybe they'd be really good bait for fishing, not to mention they could all have some unique new craftable furniture sets as well. Maybe there could even be custom loot here found in any chest that generates here, and each type of moss would have a unique weapon and accessory that could be found in the loot pools of the chests.

I like it.
The glowing moss caves always feel ominous and dangerous to me - a little like the underground hallow. I'd like them to get some more attention as a biome.
From tough enemies like the Granite and Marble mini-biomes to new structures using the mossy bricks, I think this would create another vibrant (literally) and dangerous place worthy of exploration and discovery, a hidden grotto of beauty and death where darkness wears its mantle of myriad colors and crown of cruel bioluminescence...
Anyway, good idea.

Back
Top Bottom