Weapons & Equip Goblins and Minions

Which do you prefer?

• I can't decide; I'm a fan of both!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some changes are needed, but there's potential.

• Get this abomination away from me!

• Total voters

Pikadex

Skeletron Prime
Hello, hello!
Don't you find it odd that the only type of weapon that the Goblin Summoner doesn't drop is a summoning weapon? (Well, there's throwing, but let's just pretend. Okay? Cool.)
Therefore, I propose that we have one. Since I couldn't decide which to put down, I put both! My goal isn't for the implementation of both of these; rather, to have just one added, with the other, well... left behind.

divider.png

|||||||||
||||||||| (image placeholder)
|||||||||
1. Phantom Staff / Necro Staff / Apparition Staff / etc.
32 summon damage
4% critical strike chance
10 mana
35 use time (Slow)
Inflicts Shadowflame on contact (4 seconds)

- Upon use,a Mini Shadowflame Apparation is summoned. It is visually similar to the one spawned by the Goblin Summoner, though smaller and with proportionally smaller horns.
- To attack, they attempt to ram into the enemy, similar to the Deadly Sphere minion or Mini Spazmatism.
- The apparition turns smoothly. Instead of instantly turning around, it turns in a way similar to the normal Shadowflame Apparation, if that makes sense.
- The minion is capable of moving through walls without any problems.

divider.png

|||||||||
||||||||| (image placeholder)
|||||||||
2. Sorceror Staff / Goblin Staff
36 summon damage
4% critical strike chance
10 mana
35 use time (Slow)
Inflicts Shadowflame on contact (4 seconds)

- Upon use, it summons a Mini Goblin Sorceror/Mini Goblin Summoner.
- To attack, the goblin shoots medium-velocity, indestructible chaos balls to attack.
- A chaos ball will attempt to change direction mid-flight. It cannot turn as quickly as most homing projectiles, however, as it is only capable of correcting a path that is a bit off.
- Chaos balls are shot at a use time of 26, putting it on par with the other Shadowflame weapons, if summoned in pairs.
- Its movement is fairly ordinary for grounded, humanoid minions. The minion moves much like Pygmies or Pirates.
- The minion's flight/chase animation could be similar to that of the Summoner.

divider.png

Of course, one of these can drop from the Goblin Summoner. They could either drop as an alternative to the other weapons (forcing each to 12.5% chance drop rates, or 25% on expert), or be a separate drop, possibly dropping alongside the others.

That'll do it! Remember: I'm not suggesting two items to be implemented. Rather, I'm suggesting two ideas, one of which could take a place. I hope you enjoy this! Any feedback, constructive criticism, and suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom