Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
today when i was playing terraria and went to fight the golem, i put the powercell in the altar and the message ''golem has awoken'' appeared in my chat. but the golem was nowhere to be seen. not even on the minimap, i don't know if this glitch only happend to me or others aswell.

today when i was playing terraria and went to fight the golem, i put the powercell in the altar and the message ''golem has awoken'' appeared in my chat. but the golem was nowhere to be seen. not even on the minimap, i don't know if this glitch only happend to me or others aswell.
This happened to me, too.

This bug happens the first time you summon golem in any given instance of Terraria, and ONLY the first time. Weird.

Welcome to the forums lolbruh!
Thank you all for the reports. I've been advised this is the same issue that is causing Queen Bee not to spawn the first time. This has been reported to the developer to fix.

Welcome to the forums lolbruh!
Thank you all for the reports. I've been advised this is the same issue that is causing Queen Bee not to spawn the first time. This has been reported to the developer to fix.
Apparently, this bug also applies to King Slime.

I gave it a quick test, but King Slime is working normally for me. He appeared the first time a Slime Crown was used.
Apparently, it affects each boss for the first time and only the first time you summon it for each session. Also, Duke (and possibly Empress) don't appear affected.

Apparently, it affects each boss for the first time and only the first time you summon it for each session. Also, Duke (and possibly Empress) don't appear affected.
To be certain, I retested what I could quickly:
- Slime Crown: Summoned King Slime first time -- also restarted Terraria and generated a new world, but still working first time. This world had the Jungle about 50 blocks to the east of spawn, so that was a nice find! Been a while since I saw such a world! :)
- Sus. Eye: Summoned EoC first time
- Deer Thing: Summoned Deerclops first time
- Worm Food: Summoned EoW the first time
- Spine: Summoned BoC the first time
- Old Man: Summoned Skeletron the first time
- Abeemination: Summoned Queen Bee the second time
- Voodoo Doll: Summoned WoF the first time
- Crystal: Summoned Queen Slime the first time
- Mechanical items: Summoned mech bosses the first time

As for why it only seems to affect Queen Bee and Golem, I'm not certain. They're both Jungle bosses, but in that case, I'd expect it might impact Plantera too.

To be certain, I retested what I could quickly:
- Slime Crown: Summoned King Slime first time -- also restarted Terraria and generated a new world, but still working first time. This world had the Jungle about 50 blocks to the east of spawn, so that was a nice find! Been a while since I saw such a world! :)
- Sus. Eye: Summoned EoC first time
- Deer Thing: Summoned Deerclops first time
- Worm Food: Summoned EoW the first time
- Spine: Summoned BoC the first time
- Old Man: Summoned Skeletron the first time
- Abeemination: Summoned Queen Bee the second time
- Voodoo Doll: Summoned WoF the first time
- Crystal: Summoned Queen Slime the first time
- Mechanical items: Summoned mech bosses the first time

As for why it only seems to affect Queen Bee and Golem, I'm not certain. They're both Jungle bosses, but in that case, I'd expect it might impact Plantera too.
Did you close the game in between testing each boss? I heard that's how to reproduce it.

EDIT: Nimta tested this bug a lot more, so he would be the person to ask.

Did you close the game in between testing each boss? I heard that's how to reproduce it.

EDIT: Nimta tested this bug a lot more, so he would be the person to ask.
Yep, restarted Terraria and even tried a new world for some of them. A possible difference/cause was that I was playing SP; MP might be having problems not present in SP.

Back
Top Bottom