Goodie bag farming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redthezoroark

Terrarian
I need posts, people, and I'm pretty sure some of you others would like to hear better tips on how to farm these, because there doesn't seem to be that quick of a way to get these. I'm looking to get the unlucky yarn, but it seems to elude me. Now, to the point, please post your best farming method on getting goodie bags! :) Thank you for reading, and have all of the nice days!

I usually get around 10-20 in the hardmode dungeon. Events are also a good way to get them. Really, pretty much any method of farming will so as goodie bags drop from all mobs scratch statue spawns and meteor heads.

Use high DPS weapons that pierce through many enemies, and have Water Candle and Battle Potion. The Magnet Sphere and/or Golden Shower would be good for this, and so would Terra and/or Shadowbeam Staff. For Pre-Hardmode options try the Water Bolt and the best bow you have with Jester or Hellfire Arrows. And don't forget explosives.

I mainly just farm hellbats and demons, the like. Anything that spawns in hell. For my choice of weapon, I usually use the Death sickle. Love that thing. I've noticed that events tend to leave me with arounf 5-8 goodie bags, and I would like to farm for pirate maps, but they take forever(at least for me, they do). However, it may be worth it.

Been getting a lot while just farming king slime and the slime staff in general. A little lava pits on either side of a safe house, and just sitting there while browsing youtube and the web in general, check back every 15-30 mintues and there's usually one just sitting there for me. The screenshot I've posted is how I've set up a sort of "Kill all" bunker. From where you stand you the zombies drop down into the pits that have a thin layer of lava in them, and everything else just jumps into the kiddy pool of death on top. Just leave terraria like this for a while and you'll have so many goody bags in such a short time, it's frightening.

Attachments

• How to kill everything..jpg
    How to kill everything..jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,370
Last edited:
i'd set up a trap room with 5 of all enemy statues. then you'd get 15 goodie bags for every 5 minutes

I have not played terraria lately so i did not get lots of goodie bags, counting my three chars, i got like 10 or less. It's not that i give a damn about them anyways.

I just have my character sit in my Pit O' Doom TM and do other stuff while Terraria runs in the background (in multiplayer, so the game doesn't pause).
I return from time to time to collect all the drops. Easy peasy.:)

Fastest way?
Probably moon/pumpink invasions + candles + battle potion.

During the day you could farm for weapons/ectoplasms/ other bags in the dungeon.
I did this for several hours since the freaking unlucky yarn is the ONLY thing i still didn't get it ( even got 2 bat hooks, which are even rarer according to the wiki).
On the other side i got every single weapon i was missing from the waves and the dungeon + several key molders.

Just tried the Eater of worlds one, and it worked pretty nicely! Got a single goodie bag per kill, at least, and after one world, i had around 10 goodie bags! I would use the lava trick, as well as the pit of doom trick thing, but I like to be legit about these things. Also, did anyone else get what they wanted out of the goodie bags this Halloween? I just did a bit ago. <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_18.png
    Screenshot_18.png
    463.6 KB · Views: 1,600
I've been using the Horseman's Blade with statues and the Frost Moon to get mine. It works really well. I would suggest that if you are in late hardmode.

How is the lava trick not legit? it's a simple trap that can be set up with ease. I guess a thing layer of lava that doesn't burn items but does damage may seem a bit cheap, but it's a legitimate strategy in my book. Unless this is, quite literally, something that the devs saw and went "Yea... It actually shouldn't be doing that."

Not... Uh... Actually, I'm just honestly curious, what are people impressions of the lava strategy (Also, what is the pit of doom?). Is it a cheap way to farm that is kind of frowned upon? Or is it a smart way to farm those rare and unique drops that come once in a blue moon (and you have to be REALLY super lucky to get them otherwise... I'm looking at you, slime staff). I actually shouldn't say if something is legit or not because everyone has their own sense of rules and limits, and that's perfectly fine. Some people absolutely LOVE to work for what they get, it gives them a sense of accomplishment, and makes that item much more valuable to them. Others just want the item so they can use it as long and as much as possible before it becomes obsolete to the next thing they get...

Oooor should we keep this on topic?

It is legit, in it's own way. However, like you said, I do have my little rules. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the lava trap as something legit, seeing as you don't have to put effort into it. My definition of legit is different from everyone else's, and that's fine, but I love, as you said, the feeling of accomplishment upon going and hunting down certain rare items. The lava trap is a way of doing things, and it is something in the game that you can use, but that doesn't mean it won't raise questions with or irritate some. I respect everyone's opinions and stuff. :3

Yup, same here. But I wasn't about to sit around and manually farm slimes until I got a slime staff XD (RNJesus was so nice to me yesterday, slime staff, Bathook, ball of yarn all within 10 minutes of each other, it was all the luck I had for the year, and now I expect nothing good ever). I can appreciate manually farming for some of the rarest equipment, heck, I LOVE doing things that way as well. It feels like you're actually PLAYING the game, as opposed to just... Sitting. But there are a few things that I'm not about to wait for, especially when the end of an event is happening, and I have only 24 hours to get the rare items from the goodie bags that I haven't been lucky to get, at all, ever.

I swear, though, had I been playing since the start of the November event, I'd have probably manually farmed those suckers myself. I just came in a bit late this time, and didn't want to wait a year XD (this'll be the same during X-Mas). I tend to try to do a farm it for when I just absolutely need to get some junk.

I am personally sick of getting unlucky yarn so much. I have had it 3 times so far. And don't even talk about Pumpkin costumes and Cat Ears.

hi im on the xbox 360 could anybody give me an unlucky yarn or i can duplicate stuff so can i get if you want to help on the xbox 360 just send this gamertag SalientHook311

hi im on the xbox 360 could anybody give me an unlucky yarn or i can duplicate stuff so can i get if you want to help on the xbox 360 just send this gamertag SalientHook311
You're in the wrong section. This is a PC thread, consoles have their own general talk and such sections. If you want to meet up with someone over Live then I suggest you go to the Quick Hookup section. Since you seem to be interested in trading, we have sections dedicated to that as well, but it's against the rules to offer duplicated Items there. If you have questions please use the 'Start a conversation' button that is directly underneath my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom