Great ideas that just don't work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sssjim7

Terrarian
You know what I mean... you think of this really great way to beat a boss or farm for money... and then you find out later that it just doesn't work... we have all done it. What are some of the examples that you spent the most *wasted* time and effort on?

Mine: I hardwired about 400 explosive charges up around a small room with a bed in it to try to destroy the Moon Lord... I summoned him, hit my mirror, waited for him to teleport to me so I knew exactly where he was... hit the plunger... and ... meh... blew the crud out of the entire area, but only did cosmetic damage to him before he ate me for lunch...

... but I thought it was a good idea at the time... lol

So what are your good ideas that just didn't pan out?

I once tried to make a long, narrow chamber with teleporters on either side to fight Plantera with. It *barely* worked until she started firing those spiky balls everywhere. Most of my Plantera arena ideas failed, tbh.

Tried to gather some turtle shells in the underground jungle in Expert Mode.
Ended up getting one-hit by a turtle coming out of nowhere.

BAD IDEA.

one time I tried to make a dart trap arena to kill the EoC back when I started, I didn't think it all the way through...

Made a fairly large arena to the right of default spawn in order to fight invasions (Goblins, Pirates, etc.). A goblin army finally appeared, I fought off a few goblins successfully in the arena, and then they stopped spawning altogether.

Turns out the WHOLE arena was built just outside of the invasion zone. So close, in fact, that taking a single step to the left of the arena allowed the goblins to spawn again. :(

I had built a jungle house with multiple floating parts all connected so my npcs could interact. Unfortunately every blood moon they'd be outside or had left doors open so I spent a ton of time wiring a house defense system with actuated blocks, lihzard dart/spear/fire traps and more. What made it a bad idea was I put the switch near the door and it kept getting set off accidentally and would kill/fry/poison me, the npcs or anyone playing with me. %:sigh:

A few for me:
1. Any attempt at farming Fireblossom pre-1.3. I had added long ash bridges for fighting WoF, which was perfect for Fireblossom to grow. Not so perfect: Red Devils and not having lava protection equipped.
2. Attempts to build a Moonglow or Shiverthorn farm in my base. It just made the whole area a Frozen Jungle and I ended up demolishing it.
3. I once tried to build an AFK farm in Underground Corruption (for a Cursed Hammer banner). Hollowed out a space for it, made only two entries, added life restore and traps. Flicked the switch... and got nothing. Nearby Mushrooms and Spider Nests stole all my spawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom