PC Greetings and well-wishes from the Frozen North! :)

Hello everyone, delighted to be here!

I've been into gaming since I was 4 years old when my Dad got me playing Duck Hunt with him; little did he know gaming would turn into a life-long obsession! Haha. :dryadsmile:

Being one to avoid "fan-girl" status at all costs, I'm not loyal to any particular platform when it comes to gaming. I've currently got a PS3, a DSi I almost never use and a gaming PC. I play a wide variety of games, but sandbox titles are my favorite.

I learned of Terraria just shortly after it came out when I watched a friend of mine play it, but at the time I wasn't all that interested. Shame on me, I know. :dryadtongue: After watching a few LPs I began to see the many, MANY things that Terraria had to offer and I ended up buying it off Steam about a week ago. I've only clocked about 20 hours at this point and I can see that I've barely scratched the surface of everything this amazing title has to offer. :dryadwink: I may have come to the party a little late, but I'm glad I finally smartened up and gave it a chance.

Other interests include painting, drawing, writing, herbalism, gardening, various outdoor activities like hiking and fishing, and my favorite pass-time of all, looking after my animals. Currently I have 3 cats, a Tokay Gecko and 16 Tarantulas from 11 different species. My Tarantula "collection" is my pride and joy - everything about them fascinates me. The crazy color varieties, the way they move, the way they hunt - they're truly amazing creatures to study. Eventually I'm hoping to add other large invertebrates to my collection - particularly Scorpions, Giant Centipedes and, quite possibly the strangest arachnids you'll ever see, Amblypygids. Google them. Seriously. Coolest critters ever!

Wow I'd better stop before I end up writing y'all a novel. Haha! Looking forward to getting to know all of you. :dryadhappy:

Welcome to the forums!
Which type of herbalism do you study. Also which specific area of gardening do you do. Throw me a conversation. I'd love to pick your brain.

Hello everyone, delighted to be here!

I've been into gaming since I was 4 years old when my Dad got me playing Duck Hunt with him; little did he know gaming would turn into a life-long obsession! Haha. :dryadsmile:

Being one to avoid "fan-girl" status at all costs, I'm not loyal to any particular platform when it comes to gaming. I've currently got a PS3, a DSi I almost never use and a gaming PC. I play a wide variety of games, but sandbox titles are my favorite.

I learned of Terraria just shortly after it came out when I watched a friend of mine play it, but at the time I wasn't all that interested. Shame on me, I know. :dryadtongue: After watching a few LPs I began to see the many, MANY things that Terraria had to offer and I ended up buying it off Steam about a week ago. I've only clocked about 20 hours at this point and I can see that I've barely scratched the surface of everything this amazing title has to offer. :dryadwink: I may have come to the party a little late, but I'm glad I finally smartened up and gave it a chance.

Other interests include painting, drawing, writing, herbalism, gardening, various outdoor activities like hiking and fishing, and my favorite pass-time of all, looking after my animals. Currently I have 3 cats, a Tokay Gecko and 16 Tarantulas from 11 different species. My Tarantula "collection" is my pride and joy - everything about them fascinates me. The crazy color varieties, the way they move, the way they hunt - they're truly amazing creatures to study. Eventually I'm hoping to add other large invertebrates to my collection - particularly Scorpions, Giant Centipedes and, quite possibly the strangest arachnids you'll ever see, Amblypygids. Google them. Seriously. Coolest critters ever!

Wow I'd better stop before I end up writing y'all a novel. Haha! Looking forward to getting to know all of you. :dryadhappy:
Well then, welcome to the forums! Always good to see another person who loves the creepy side of the animal kingdom!

I'm also from the frozen north. Though not quite as north as you, I'm afraid, but still pretty frozen. You have quite a fun taste in animals, too! Look forward to seeing your writing if you wanna share anything with the community, and I hope you have a great time here. Have fun~

Welcome to the forums!
Which type of herbalism do you study. Also which specific area of gardening do you do. Throw me a conversation. I'd love to pick your brain.

I'm interested in both the medicinal and the spiritual properties of herbs and plants, particularly those indigenous to my area. For gardening, I primarily grow herbs and medicinal plants. For example I've got a cluster of Echinacea in my flower garden that's been growing for nearly 20 years - it's so well established I'll never run out of roots. I grow a few vegetables that I frequently use in my cooking as well - garlic, onions, various greens, squash, tomatoes and a few different kinds of peppers. The interest was sparked by a children's movie, of all things - Once Upon a Forest. The concept of a few little flowers and leaves being capable of saving a life charmed me, and I've been studying casually ever since. :) I think I was about 7 or 8 when I first saw it. Someday I would love to find a mentor and start studying seriously.

Well then, welcome to the forums! Always good to see another person who loves the creepy side of the animal kingdom!

Thank you! :D Do you keep inverts as well?

Welcome to the forums. :) Enjoy your stay!

PS: I hate the cold. Damn you winter!

You and me both, though I'll take cold over humidity any day - I can't stand being sticky. >_< Thanks for the welcome! :D

I'm also from the frozen north. Though not quite as north as you, I'm afraid, but still pretty frozen. You have quite a fun taste in animals, too! Look forward to seeing your writing if you wanna share anything with the community, and I hope you have a great time here. Have fun~

Thank you! :D

Back
Top Bottom