Have you purified your world?

• Yes. I did it one or more times.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No. I did not purify my world.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Yes. After reading this thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know a lot of Terraria players have done this before, but i have successfully purified my entire world.
So... Why not post a guide to do it yourself? It also has big benefits for new players when they download your worlds.
You don't want new players getting slaughtered by unicorns.

The first thing you want to do is get the clentaminator. Its an expensive item wich costs 2 platinum coins. Its sold by the steampunker npc.
Don't forget to buy a whole bunch of green solution because it is your ammo.

TIP: for maximum efficiency use ranger armor and buffs.

Now you must go to the edge of your world and use a compass to travel 200 feet towards the other side of your world.
Once you reach this destination, dig a hellevator and climb back up.
Now travel another 200 feet and dig another hellevator.
Repeat these steps untill you reach the other end of your world.
If you stumble upon a building like your base, a farm or an arena, dig around it. Make sure that the distance between your hellevators cant be more than 200 feet.

TIP: use shroomite digging claws, the snowman cannon or if your character is really end-game use the drill containment unit. And use a lot of obsidian skin potions for when you stumble upon lava.

Your last step is to jump through your hellevators while spraying your green solution left and right.
You need to jump through every hellevator twice, first spraying left then right. (not in this specific order)

Once this is all done, you have successfully purified your world like some other players and me.

Or you could get an endgame character and spray out the chasms, then not fight the wof. Or if you do dig diagonally in the corruption that it sprays and purify it, DON'T SMASH ALTERS, they randomly put one brick of a corrupt biome that spreads. The way you mentioned above, thats only when in DIRE situations for purifying your world.

Or you could get an endgame character and spray out the chasms, then not fight the wof. Or if you do dig diagonally in the corruption that it sprays and purify it, DON'T SMASH ALTERS, they randomly put one brick of a corrupt biome that spreads. The way you mentioned above, thats only when in DIRE situations for purifying your world.

I just played in my world normaly until i beat the moon lord. I decided i wanted to make my world look better with some cool buildings. I quickly realized the best spots were hallowed or corrupted. I never thought of purifying my world till then... it had spread a LOT!

I just played in my world normaly until i beat the moon lord. I decided i wanted to make my world look better with some cool buildings. I quickly realized the best spots were hallowed or corrupted. I never thought of purifying my world till then... it had spread a LOT!
Then in you're case your way would work better. :D but use the shroomite digging claws. they dig faster strait down then the drill.

My game plan is to isolate the world in sections before hitting Hard Mode if I have the patience. This is usually isolating the Oceans, Deserts (in theory; I haven't played a game from scratch in a LONG time), the Corruption (easier than Crimson, IMHO), and the Jungle. I just dig hellevators at the border of each biome. Horizontal tunnels under the Oceans and Corruption as well if I'm being thorough-ish. (Each has to have a width/height of at least 4 block to act as a proper barrier, of course.)

I play on small worlds in single player, but this can still be quite tedious with just a Nightmare/Hellstone Pickaxe. (Alternative for hellevator digging would be bombs, lots of 'em.)

Once HM hits, the Corruption/Crimson spread is isolated into certain blocks of the world and won't spread completely uncontrolled. Breaking Demon Altars I'd have to watch out for in the long run, but if I spread that out over time, I can more easily control the spread at my leisure.

But again, this is something quite tedious to do with a purely pre-HM geared character. It's far easier if you have another player or two to help out. I've played 3-man MP before with my nephews, which is how I came up with this process. (Back in the 1.1.x days...) On the bright side, some of the 1.3.x-era quality-of-life improvements they implemented make this kind of prep work a little easier to swallow (like the auto-cursor).

The only heavily infested worlds I ever had were throwaway worlds I strip-mine resources from. Any other alt-worlds I had/have that serve a purpose I usually prep if needed before engaging HM in it, assuming it needs to be in HM to serve said purpose.

My game plan is to isolate the world in sections before hitting Hard Mode if I have the patience. This is usually isolating the Oceans, Deserts (in theory; I haven't played a game from scratch in a LONG time), the Corruption (easier than Crimson, IMHO), and the Jungle. I just dig hellevators at the border of each biome. Horizontal tunnels under the Oceans and Corruption as well if I'm being thorough-ish. (Each has to have a width/height of at least 4 block to act as a proper barrier, of course.)

I play on small worlds in single player, but this can still be quite tedious with just a Nightmare/Hellstone Pickaxe. (Alternative for hellevator digging would be bombs, lots of 'em.)

Once HM hits, the Corruption/Crimson spread is isolated into certain blocks of the world and won't spread completely uncontrolled. Breaking Demon Altars I'd have to watch out for in the long run, but if I spread that out over time, I can more easily control the spread at my leisure.

But again, this is something quite tedious to do with a purely pre-HM geared character. It's far easier if you have another player or two to help out. I've played 3-man MP before with my nephews, which is how I came up with this process. (Back in the 1.1.x days...) On the bright side, some of the 1.3.x-era quality-of-life improvements they implemented make this kind of prep work a little easier to swallow (like the auto-cursor).

The only heavily infested worlds I ever had were throwaway worlds I strip-mine resources from. Any other alt-worlds I had/have that serve a purpose I usually prep if needed before engaging HM in it, assuming it needs to be in HM to serve said purpose.

Check out this post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1kotkc/i_spent_10_months_on_a_terraria_world_heres_the/
That guy did basically the same thing. It looks really cool, but holy hell, that is some work right there.

Technically the holes can be up to 232ft apart, although I did it with 230 because I was too lazy to deal with more math.
And somehow I missed out a bit of Hallow and Corruption. I suppose it's on the side, under the oceans, which I didn't really touch at all because, well, sand and holes. Too much work.

Check out this post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1kotkc/i_spent_10_months_on_a_terraria_world_heres_the/
That guy did basically the same thing. It looks really cool, but holy hell, that is some work right there.
I was nowhere that neat, however.

That does remind me: you can use the Dungeon as a natural barrier. Generally speaking, I find the side of the map with the dungeon the easier side to save an Ocean for late game use... Or sacrifice in the late game, depending on your needs. The Dungeon does like 80% of the work you need to isolate that section of the world. My main base world (dating back to v1.0.6.1...) had me eventually saving the Ocean on the Jungle side because the Jungle was relatively important... (And even more so in later versions after 1.1.)

Oh, just a tidbit for those who may not realize it: if you use the Clentaminator, be sure to spray off the edges of the map on the left and right. Those areas contain blocks that can get contaminated and re-infect areas you purify. I remember wondering why one of my Oceans would get re-Hallowed all the time despite me actually digging it all up and remaking it from scratch again. This was before the Clentaminator existed. I had to literally blast infected blocks by chucking explosives off-screen until I hit just dirt out there. I used a map viewer (Terrafirma) to double-check my work.

The game MIGHT better respect the in-game map boundaries now. (There used to be a difference depending on what lighting mode was used.) Still, until I or someone tests it, I wouldn't take any chances.

Back
Top Bottom