good or bad suggestion?

• Good suggestion?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bad suggestion?

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

kingklutz

Retinazer
I was playing terraria not so long ago and was wondering if it would be a good idea if the gunshots from a gun warned enemies near by, but will only be in effect after shooting your gun and lasts upto 3 seconds, with which a few enemies will have the chance to be alerted (5%) however this will only come into effect when you have shot 35 bullets out of your gun.

This mean a couple of nearby enemies (within a 50 block radius) will be aleted to you last location. the new debuff would possibly be called 'too loud'. This could also be used with explosives.

This could also lead to the silencer being implemented into the game which could have a 2.5% drop from any skeleton enemy, or can only be crafted with 15 iron/lead in hardmode. this stops the guns from making too much noise, but not explosives

This idea is really only here to replace the AI's always seeing you, even through walls, so you can sneak around (or all guns blazing, but that's not the point lol). because fighting enemies can get annoying when you just want to reach a certain place.

Last edited:
This is an interesting suggestion, however there is one problem: that would put Ranger at a huge disadvantage, even if it's a small chance, since they shoot a lot of bullets. (Wow that sounded really nice...XD) Also, that would put the endgame armor, Shroomite at a big disadvantage as well, because once you stand still for long enough you go into stealth mode and your attack is boosted like a lot. But if enemies notice you and come for you then you won't have time to use your stealth.

awww bugger yeah. i guess for the rangers sake i could say that for every 35 bullets shots, their is a 5% chance enemies will be aware of their location.

as for shroomite, as long as you move away from the area you shot from you should be fine, especially with the 35 bullets thing

awww bugger yeah. i guess for the rangers sake i could say that for every 35 bullets shots, their is a 5% chance enemies will be aware of their location.

as for shroomite, as long as you move away from the area you shot from you should be fine, especially with the 35 bullets thing
That's a good way to do it, but of course like I said oh so artistically, rangers shoot a lot of bullets. It should be a bigger number like 60-100.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized, around 35 is perfect.

...I don't understand this. In Terraria, enemies are always aware of where you are the moment they spawn. That's just the basic AI that this game consists of.

Not to mention that most things makes a lot of noises in this game, not just bullet shots.

im just changing that so stealth mode can be more used for a ranger, as for your second point, this is just for guns atm. maybe i could try something else for other weapons (most melee weapons dont make sound, plus most mage weapons dont even make that much sound

I don't think this really has a place in Terraria, considering that any enemies that spawn are perpetually aware of where you are all the time.

Water Candle increases enemy spawn rate, and I don't think making Guns increase enemy spawn rate is a good idea.

Damn as that other dude said AIs always knows where the player is (with the exception of the slimes of course, they just jump randomly) But I did like this suggestion until I realized that fact.

Edit: Also.... Why is this for PC only!? I hate exclusives! Are you trying to make all rangers go to console and mobile?

Just to clarify, higher spawn rates aren't a bad thing. I consider them to be very beneficial once I am prepared (which is 99% of the game).

If they're all coming from the same directions, they'll all die anyway.

(most melee weapons dont make sound, plus most mage weapons dont even make that much sound

I meant impact sounds too.

Damn as that other dude said AIs always knows where the player is (with the exception of the slimes of course, they just jump randomly) But I did like this suggestion until I realized that fact.

Edit: Also.... Why is this for PC only!? I hate exclusives! Are you trying to make all rangers go to console and mobile?

theres no general prefix unless im extremely blind (which im going to get my eyes tested sometime this year lol). i just like the idea that you can stealthily move without alerting any enemies, especially at the beginning of the game where even a crimera or eater of flesh could annihilate you with a couple of shots.
maybe I should change my OP a little to state that this will change the whole AI-knowing-where-you-are-at-all-times mechanic. so basically instead of knowing where you are at all times they need to directly see or hear you.
Just to clarify, higher spawn rates aren't a bad thing. I consider them to be very beneficial once I am prepared (which is 99% of the game).

If they're all coming from the same directions, they'll all die anyway.

I meant impact sounds too.
i don't think i said anything about spawn rate (i might of, knowing me) and as for impact sounds, i shouldnt imagine they would as loud as a gun shot (except inferno fork and ... well thats all i can name because y'know, my memory is like a sieve

i don't think i said anything about spawn rate (i might of, knowing me)

Not specifically. But enemies are either coming to kill you or they aren't. There's no middle ground (as Stealth Mode shows, it pretty much only 'works' for the Fighter AI's). Because you said it is 'kind of like the water candle', of which increases the spawn rate of enemies, that is where I am basing stuff on.

Not specifically. But enemies are either coming to kill you or they aren't. There's no middle ground (as Stealth Mode shows, it pretty much only 'works' for the Fighter AI's). Because you said it is 'kind of like the water candle', of which increases the spawn rate of enemies, that is where I am basing stuff on.

ah right, maybe i should change that, it isnt like a water candle at all. wow, i need my eyes and brain checked, anyways, i just change the OP. sorry for the confusion

i just reported it so it should change soon :)
Well that's nice and all but its kinda unnecessary. This suggestion was an interesting one, but a alerting enemies with guns is something that only fits in FPS or games designed for you to sneak your way around, like Batman (ignoring that fact he doesn't use guns) What Im trying to say is in a game where enemies know where you are the moment they spawn this mechanic has no place in it, and ita not worth changing AIs to make this work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom