PC Guns v. Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple

Terrarian
I don't understand why to use Bows at all. Sure the Phantasm bow has increased dps over time, but the fact that the S.D.M.G. can use Chlorophyte bullets means 100% of all your shots are going to hit, while with the Phantasm maybe 60%-70%. Using a bow against the Moon Lord is just plain longer and harder in Shroomite armor while using a Phantasm than using a Vortex Beater with Chlorophyte bullets. If anyone can tell me why to use bows, that'd be great.

Basically, the thing with Bows is that if you can aim well then you are rewarded with higher DPS

Also Holy Arrows are really sexy

If anyone can tell me why to use bows, that'd be great.

Because Chlorophyte bullets are horrible DPS and Tsunami is an insane high-alpha weapon to have before you even attempt the pillars.

Also, SDMG is a tier above Phantasm.

I usually tend to use guns as I prefer them more than bows, but there were places where bows could really save your life (and time). A good example is the Daedelus Stormbow with Holy Arrows to farm Mechanical Bosses and some other stuff like the Martian mini-boss.

Bows are good for some specific stuff and they can gain higher DPS (like the Phantasm over the Vortex Beater), but you need to be accurate.

Question then: does the Tsunami outdamage the Phantasm since the Phantasm got nerfed? Or are they on par. Is the Tsunami still usable for the Moon Lord?

Question then: does the Tsunami outdamage the Phantasm since the Phantasm got nerfed? Or are they on par. Is the Tsunami still usable for the Moon Lord?

Phantasm is SEVERAL SEVERAL SEVERAL times better than Tsunami.

Tsunami is still usable for Moon Lord.

Let that demonstrate just how game crushingly strong Phantasm is.

Phantasm is SEVERAL SEVERAL SEVERAL times better than Tsunami.

Tsunami is still usable for Moon Lord.

Let that demonstrate just how game crushingly strong Phantasm is.
Well, the blue Phantasm arrows do 1 damage to Frost Moon bosses, and the Tsunami has been buffed.
I could see a great duel here.
But... But...
Pulse_Bow.png
:( I cri evrytiem

Well, the blue Phantasm arrows do 1 damage to Frost Moon bosses, and the Tsunami has been buffed.
I could see a great duel here.
But... But...
Pulse_Bow.png
:( I cri evrytiem

No, the blue phantasm arrows contribute to its 20k DPS.

20k DPS. twenty thousand. Solar Eruption can barely hit 5, and Tsunami I'm fairly sure tops off at like 7k.

Phantasm wins every single time by a landslide.

20k DPS. twenty thousand. Solar Eruption can barely hit 5, and Tsunami I'm fairly sure tops off at like 7k.

Is this before or after the Phantasm Nerf? I heard that Phantasm took a huge hit in usability after they nerfed the blue arrows... They did buff it a bit again but IIRC still not as strong as it once was.

Still not sure how it stacks up to SDMG now.

Last edited:

May I ask you from where did you get those calculations? (And wich version of the game you used).

Well, the Phantasm deal 200 total damage. The Blue Arrows deal a minimum of ~25 damage so let's round that up to 300 total damage. For it to reach 20k DPS the bow will need to shoot 65 times a second, and that's impossible.

Is this before or after the Phantasm Nerf? I heard that Phantasm took a huge hit in usability after they nerfed the blue arrows... They did buff it a bit again but IIRC still not as strong as it once was.

You did well by remembering the SDMG. It is the real deal here, as it's the best DPS ranged weapon in the game.
That will remind the OP, guns are better than bows.

I'm curious as to where you're pulling off a 20,000 dps calculation from the phantom arrows alone as well.

My personal experiments have led me to find that, although the Phantasm can reach a much higher damage output than the SDMG, you need consistency in maintaining your hits, which is likely what the Phantasm was intended to do. It also flourishes well against single targets, not so great for groups. For these reasons, I stick with the SDMG 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Before the nerf, it did in the realm of 70k damage bruh.

May I ask you from where did you get those calculations? (And wich version of the game you used).

Well, the Phantasm deal 200 total damage. The Blue Arrows deal a minimum of ~25 damage so let's round that up to 300 total damage. For it to reach 20k DPS the bow will need to shoot 65 times a second, and that's impossible.

Gotta remember, every single hit can crit, and that luminite arrows and vortex stealth was used in addition to the usual boosts. Once stealthed and the bow gets reved up, it can hit many, many, many times per second with each hit in or close to triple digits.

Phantasm is without a doubt the single target DPS king, putting all other weapons to shame including Last Prism (which does better when dealing with multiple targets) and SDMG (which has ease of use and versatility on its side) and DEFINITELY the Tsunami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom