Game Mechanics Hammer doesn't reach walls behind slopes on first click.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Here's an odd suggestion that is mostly for people who enjoy the aesthetics of decorations and making slopes. ... or for people that like to make walls before putting blocks down, I guess.

Follow along here. Put down an outline of your house. It'll have lots of internal sloped blocks. We're turning a square into an octagon basically.

Now flood the whole room with walls. Don't forget the corners so light doesn't shine through.

Now hammer the internal corners into slopes.

If you have a powerful-enough hammer, there is a strong likelihood that you'll be removing the walls behind the corners when you turn those corners into slopes.

I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty annoying - Constantly having to replace a single piece of wall for every corner we hammer.

Obviously this is petty. The simple solution is to just lay the wall last rather than first, well after the blocks are all already in place and hammered out. But not everyone works that way when they build.

This is actually a problem that happens very often with building, IMO. and it's very annoying, even more annoying when paints are involved too, so you don't just have to replace the destoyed wall piece, but paint it again too. even worse if you use multiple paints for whatever reason.

But, solving it could be easy, I think - I mean as general idea, not code-wise. I don't know how difficult that would be to code... (I think these were suggested before too though)

possible solutions

1.) make hammers have both right click and left click functions. one slopes blocks, other destroys walls. simple, and could avoid so much annoyance.

2.) probably unnecessarily complicated, but, give hammers a function like how you can toggle functions on and off with grand design.

I think solution 1 is more simple and actually easier for builders too with requiring no additional clicks to turn functions on and off. but the 2nd solution sounds better than what we currently have though, I think.

1.) make hammers have both right click and left click functions. one slopes blocks, other destroys walls. simple, and could avoid so much annoyance.
I suggested that idea ages ago :dryadtongue:, and I still think it should be in the game, the amount of times I've accidentality hammered a wall while trying to slope a block.

You've given a problem you have, but you've not actually suggested anything to fix this - meaning this isn't really a suggestion.
That's what I get for being drunk on Easter chocolates and rushing things too fast to take a nap. Thanks for catching that. The title of the thread itself is actually the suggestion. "Hammer doesn't reach walls behind slopes on first click." But that might not be feasible to implement.

As it was suggested in this very thread, extending right-click functionality to hammers would be a godsend. I just don't know how it would interfere with something like a Sniper Rifle scope that also uses right-click in a casual way.

Your calm and polite retort has only brought me additional happiness and relief! I keep having these (Oddly literal) nightmares where having a sniper scope in my accessory slots make the right mouse button zoom out no matter what item is selected. I'm getting this really weird deja vu about zooming out regardless of what item I had selected. Eh, if it happens again, I'll make a note of it. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom