NPCs & Enemies Happiness System - suggestion about the Guide and the Merchant

Sora_92

Terrarian
I've - and I'm probably not alone with this - seen plenty of threads where a player asks about why do NPCs not recognise each others as neighbors.

The two first NPCs to move in usually in a normal playthrough are the guide (he's there since the start) and the merchant. I think it is pretty common that they would be housed very close to each others so early in the game, yet they're mutually neutral about each others, which seems to confuse several - usually newbie - players about that these two does not recognise each others as neighbors desite obviously housed very close to each others.

so, here's a small suggestion; make the guide like the merchant as a neighbor.
the merchant can be left as-is, because making him like the guide would probably make it way too easy to get a pylon, but the guide does not sells anything, and his hints and recipe knowledge is completely unaffected from how happy or unhappy he is.
Therefore, it generally means no advantages for the player that they're housed close by but it could help newbies understand the happiness system and NPCs recognising other NPCs as neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom