Hardcore pre-plantera Mage build?

F4BL3

Terrarian
I'm playing in a world with a friend of mine, and I've noticed that where we are in game, he's doing better overall stat wise. He seems to be able to beat bosses on his own when I struggle to get them to half health. I'm playing a mage and am trying to figure out ho I can at least match him when it comes to holding my own. I'm currently wearing the Orichalcum armor set, with my accessories being the Ankh shield, wings, a mana regen band, sorcerer emblem, and star veil. My main weapons are the magic dagger, and a flamelash. What's some things I can change to do better dps and help contain mana regin? We are currently farming hardcore bosses for hallowed bars, and have yet to fight Plantera.

What are your friend's weapons (and maybe accessories too?) I think that helps to compare
He's wearing palladium (I think) and is using terraspark , depth meter, worm hood. ankh shield, and celestial cuffs. I'm not entirely sure about his weapons. Which makes me wonder hoe he's out DPSing me. I know he's going between gunner and mage but I remember him saying that he is using mana in his fights.

Can you reforge your weapons? Mythical or Mystic is the best for non-support magic weapons. Also reforging accessories to Warding gives the most armor. Alternatively reforge accessories to Menacing for max damage boost. You guys also are using the lower hardmode ore sets. Why you guys not using Titanium/Adamantite?

Getting better weapons is definitely your best option. Flamelash is a pre-hardmode weapon, it's super outclassed for hardmode bosses, let alone plantera. I'd recommend crafting the rainbow rod and venom staff. Getting some better armour will help too. Both the hallowed and chlorophyte sets are pretty good (and if you are worried about the chlorophyte set being a waste of chlorophyte, you can decraft it by throwing it in shimmer once you want to make the spectre armour). Accessory wise you are pretty good, though I'd definitely drop the mana regeneration band for a mana flower (or upgrade) as it's a great way to restore mana, especially for newer players. The celestial emblem is also pretty good for a damage upgrade (and mana restoration method).

Back
Top Bottom