Hardmode questions

TrifleSilence

Terrarian
Right now in my wonderful terraria world im getting prepared to take on the wall of flesh, and was wondering a few things.

Will killing the wall make my character hardmode or will it just make that single world hardmode?

Also, what else should I be doing before I go hardmode?

I've built a protected fortress with some "state of the art" traps and also made a hellavator, working on a skybridge.

What do you guys usually do before entering hardmode?

Right now in my wonderful terraria world im getting prepared to take on the wall of flesh, and was wondering a few things.

Will killing the wall make my character hardmode or will it just make that single world hardmode?

Also, what else should I be doing before I go hardmode?

I've built a protected fortress with some "state of the art" traps and also made a hellavator, working on a skybridge.

What do you guys usually do before entering hardmode?

Q1: No, the world itself will turn into hardmode.
Q2: Prepare yourself by making your gears at least at good tier (with prefix)
~~~
What I do is build a hellevator and a hell bridge why? Because for easy access to different kinds of caverns and the hell bridge serves as a farm for Blinkrot and fireblossom. I'd make tons of potions too like Reg. , Iron skin, Bright, and etc.

Hardmode affects your World and is independent of your character. Your character will remain the same.

Some things people generally do before starting Hardmode is making sure their base is big enough and has enough space for more NPCs to move in. Build 3 block long tunnels vertically to prevent the spread of the Corruption and Hallow. Because in Hardmode, the Corruption or Crimson gains the ability to Corrupt blocks up to 3 spaces away and also turns stone, sand and Ice into it's Corrupted variant. Same for the Hallow which is a new Biome that will spawn. I'm one of the few players who lets the Corruption/Hallow naturally take over their Worlds because I build artificial biomes anyway. But many other Players like to quarantine off the Corruption using many tunnels and trenches. Mainly for the Surface Jungle and NPC area (Because the Corruption will prevent NPCs from moving into valid houses). So focus on quarantining those 2 areas if nothing else if you want to prevent your World from getting Corrupted.

I always build a surface glowing Mushroom biome when I'm able to get the seed to grow it. But I recommend that everyone build one as well even if they don't use Glowing Mushrooms regularly because there is an NPC that can only move inside a surface mushroom biome. If you don't have one I recommend building one now, using a bunch of mud (around 100-300 blocks of mud should be enough) somewhere on the surface and planting the Glowing Mushroom Seed. Then building a NPC house near it/in it.

Some other good things to have are the Night's Edge, Obsidian Shield, a Molten Pickaxe, and Lightning Boots. Along with some bait and crates stockpiled if you've been fishing. If you're able to take down the WoF with your current setup, most of your current weapons will become weak since the enemies will be much stronger and you'll get stronger weapons than you have now by playing through hardmode anyway.

Then lastly if your Health and Mana aren't maxed out now (400 for HP and 200 for Mana) You should max it out now, because you'll need it for Hardmode.

That's the basics of what I can think of. You have a Hellivator it looks like which will make it easier to get Underground which will be very necessary. A skybridge will be great for facing Wyverns in Hardmode which are a unique mini-boss level enemy in the sky. It will give you something very useful for defeating it, but it won't be easy to defeat it. Good luck on defeating the Wall of Flesh and hope your transition into Hardmode will be fun!

Thanks for the helpful replies!

I currently have a set of full molten armor, reaver shark, max hp and mana, lightning boots, obsidian horseshoe and other items. I think I can take on the wall of flesh (hopefully lol)
Also, to contain the taint (corruption etc) how big of a 3 block vertical hole do I have to dig? Just deep enough so the hole goes past the taint?

Thanks for the helpful replies!

I currently have a set of full molten armor, reaver shark, max hp and mana, lightning boots, obsidian horseshoe and other items. I think I can take on the wall of flesh (hopefully lol)
Also, to contain the taint (corruption etc) how big of a 3 block vertical hole do I have to dig? Just deep enough so the hole goes past the taint?

With that setup you are ready to take on the Wall of Flesh.

3 blocks should be enough, but it wouldn't hurt to make them 4 or 5. Considering Corruption grass grows thorns it can still spread past 3 blocks if the thorns make contact with the blocks on the other side. Either removing all the grass in your shafts or making the shaft more blocks wider should prevent that. I think digging to the Underground/Cavern layer should be deep enough for the most part, but digging all the way to the Underworld is the best way to guarantee it won't spread to the other side.

Pre Hardmode, the corruption doesn't really move, so digging down just past it is fine. But once in Hardmode, the spread is aggressive and you've also got a 'V' of new corruption and hallow to contend with. Personally, I do the bare minimum to quarantine the existing areas, then once in Hardmode I race to get at least mythril/oricalcum pickaxe to quarantine the rest. You'll pull your hair out trying to dig so much with a reaver shark. It's so slow.

The Clentaminator (Haven't played for a while, hope I spelled it right.) is an invaluable tool against the Corruption/Crimson. Also, a little tip, leaf wings (again, I think that's what they're called) are absolutely great early hardmode, and you can buy them from the witch doctor if he's in a (I think, this seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it?) jungle biome. They're 2 platinum, but much better than the demon/angel wings that you normally get first.

Back
Top Bottom