Has anybody seen martian probe in 1.3.0.4?

Quenton

Terrarian
They changed the way it spawns now, and I've been on the outer 3/4ths of the map in the space layer holding and standing next to a placed water candle, and I've been at this for over 40 minutes and I haven't seen a single probe. Just wyverns and harpies, and I've accrued nearly 1.5plat now from those two mobs and over a stack of souls of flight.
Am I just getting unlucky?

They changed the way it spawns now, and I've been on the outer 3/4ths of the map in the space layer holding and standing next to a placed water candle, and I've been at this for over 40 minutes and I haven't seen a single probe. Just wyverns and harpies, and I've accrued nearly 1.5plat now from those two mobs and over a stack of souls of flight.
Am I just getting unlucky?
They increased the rarity of them, and they don't spawn during events. That includes Celestial Pillars, Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse.

They were pretty hard to find before imo.

...Whew, I disagree heartily. Felt like i was shooting them down every other time I left my base.
I guess I was pretty unlucky, lol. I was trying hard to look for them because I was getting the blocks to build with, but I could never seem to find any. (Before 1.3.0.4)

Yeah, there weren't any events going on, but after an hour of searching I got bored and decided to go for a moon lord. I'll try searching again after I kill it

Im glad to see I'm not the only one. Except i've been at it for over two hours, with water candle placed and held. I've gathered 9 harpy banners and 2 wyvern banners while seraching for the probe, and I'm farming in space at the outer edges of the map. I can understand that a lot of people were complaining about probes appearing during bosses or events, but that was addressed with this patch. Furthermore, the places in which it could spawn were reduced. I'm not sure how much of it is just bad RNG on my part, but having killed nearly 500 harpies and 100 wyverns without a single probe spawning seems a bit much. How badly was the spawn rate nerfed, and was it really necessary, considering the no-invasion/boss spawn, and no center-spawn fixes?
At least while you're waiting for a solar eclipse pre-plantera you can do other things. I've basically nothing left to do progression-wise, and to experience the martian madness, i've little choice but to stay on the surface/space farming harpies and wyverns in the hopes of the ever-elusive martian probe to show up.
Just my QQ'ing, but it's really not entertaining to have to farm hours on end to initiate an event. Other events can at least happen naturally, whereas you have to be in the right area for probes to spawn.

I actually already have a thread about this because I farmed for three and a half hours with a water candle and a stack of battle potions in space at the outer edges of the map and found nothing. And nobody here has yet said they've actually seen one, just that they're rarer.

haven't seen one either. Spend a few hours in spacce with water candle + Battle potion. Not sure if they messed up the coding, they might have.

Back
Top Bottom