PC Have you ever done bosses "out of order"?

I try to beat bosses in their respective order because I don't like being underpowered or overpowered against a boss. I only do invasions and events out of order because screw them, but usually I go.

(Skip King Slime)
Eye of Cthulhu > Evil bosses > Deerclops > Queen Bee > Skeletron > Wall of Flesh > Queen Slime > Skeletron Prime > Twins > Destroyer > Plantera > Golem > Duke Fishron > Empress of light > Lunatic Cultist > Moon Lord

I have never done Duke Fishron pre-mech bosses, but maybe I should, just to brag. I mean, his patterns are easy to do. I could probably beat him with pre-hardmode gear.

can we count mods? if so...
my first modded playthrough with my friends, we beat Yharon pre Profaned Guardians. on a few later ones, Astrum Aureus and Astrum Deus were our first Hardmode bosses.

back to Vanilla...
yeah, I fought King slime post ML and EOC post WOF.

can we count mods? if so...
my first modded playthrough with my friends, we beat Yharon pre Profaned Guardians. on a few later ones, Astrum Aureus and Astrum Deus were our first Hardmode bosses.

back to Vanilla...
yeah, I fought King slime post ML and EOC post WOF.
idk why you would skip the eye of cthulhu, his dash is so good and doing things dashless requires optimizing your arena for hook movement

Depends on the playthrough. Sometimes I end up fighting EoW/BoC before EoC or King Slime, since I usually wait for those to spawn naturally. At a certain point, I have to get myself the pickaxe and armor for surviving the Underworld, Jungle, and Dungeon.

Frequently I'll fight Duke Fishron before Plantera and Empress of Light before Golem since I like the loot from both bosses and is pretty powerful until the Lunar Moon invasion.

I always do EoC, evil boss, then Skeletron in that order. QB and Deerclops I either skip or do some time between the Evil boss and WoF.
I never fight Duke Fishron early, I'm not good enough at the game for that.

Duke Fishron after 1 mech boss. I just went and got the Death Sickle (which in retrospect was kinda difficult to use for Duke Fishron) and the QS mount and it was just a test of endurance. I can dodge pretty well but if I get hit once I start to choke. Took a few ingame days, but was worth it for Cute Fishron.

Back
Top Bottom