PC Have you ever done bosses "out of order"?

I remember on a 1.2 world killing EoC to get a Demonite Bow, Using the Demonite Bow to kill Queen Bee to get a Bee Gun, and using the Bee Gun to kill WoF

I only fought Skeletron after getting Adamantite Gear, and ironically got killed by Skeletron Prime the next night

Its possible to obtain terraspark and molten armor without killing any bosses. You can obtain a deathbringer pickaxe without killing the Eater of Worlds too by only killing a few segments and then letting it despawn for the shadow scales. Whats more, if you are willing to do a teensey bit of sequence breaking you can obtain a cobalt shield (thus obsidian shield) and the muramasa (thus nights edge) without killing any bosses as well. Gromek999 shows in one of his terraria veterans series how to get inside the dungeon pre-Skeletron. I know its not bosses but its somewhat unintended sequence breaking, which is fun.

edit: I guess you could get inside the Jungle Temple using Hoiks as well, and find a Lhizard Cell. I don't remember if the Golem is summon-able though.

Its possible to obtain terraspark and molten armor without killing any bosses. You can obtain a deathbringer pickaxe without killing the Eater of Worlds too by only killing a few segments and then letting it despawn you can obtain the shadow scales. Whats more, if you are willing to do a teensey bit of sequence breaking you can obtain a cobalt shield (thus obsidian shield) and the muramasa (thus nights edge) without killing any bosses as well. Gromek999 shows in one of his terraria veterans series how to get inside the dungeon pre-Skeletron. I know its not bosses but its somewhat unintended sequence breaking, which is fun.
Pre-Boss Molten Armor gang RISE UP!

Every pre hardmode boss kinda can be fought in any order. (What's the default order even??)

fighting early Duke Fishron or Empress can be fun though
How are you fighting EoL early? The lacewing only spawns post-plantera, and you can't obtain the lacwing before that (According to wiki.gg)

I'm not sure I know how to fight the Expert/Master Mode Eye of Cthulhu. I just end up fighting it when it spawns naturally. By the time I'm able to beat it I have the Goblin Tinkerer and have reforged everything to Warding. That lets me grapple the ground to keep the Eye's movements predictable and easy to aim at. The first phase deals 1 Damage, even on Master Mode.

King Slime, I'm better against, but I don't go out of my way to fight him, so I'm usually overpowered against him too.

I'm not sure I know how to fight the Expert/Master Mode Eye of Cthulhu. I just end up fighting it when it spawns naturally. By the time I'm able to beat it I have the Goblin Tinkerer and have reforged everything to Warding. That lets me grapple the ground to keep the Eye's movements predictable and easy to aim at. The first phase deals 1 Damage, even on Master Mode.

King Slime, I'm better against, but I don't go out of my way to fight him, so I'm usually overpowered against him too.
It's pretty easy, you just build a really long platform and keep running during the second phase. I beat master mode eye with a wand of sparking and a sapphire staff on one of my playthroughs.
It's crucial that you get the shield of cthulhu as soon as possible in master mode because the dodge is really important.

It's pretty easy, you just build a really long platform and keep running during the second phase. I master mode eye with a wand of sparking and a sapphire staff on one of my playthroughs.
It's crucial that you get the shield of cthulhu as soon as possible in master mode because the dodge is really important.
But I don't want to make a really long arena. I just want to use my Old One's Army Arena for everything and die trying to turn around.

... I thought Golem couldn't be spawned prior to beating Plantera(even with hoiks)...
I seem to remember it being possible as long as you got a chest with the cell inside it but also definitely that the Golem would also straight up not spawn if Plantera wasnt defeated so maybe it was a version specific thing. like 1.2 to 1.3 change or something. I can never remember this bit of info for the life of me its just forever in my head as a bunch of confounded mumbo jumbo that is definetely written down on a wiki somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom