Hello folks!

martinuzz

Terrarian
I am about to go to sleep. I just got Terraria gifted for Christmas, after having it on my wishlists for quite a while now. Congrats devs. It managed to pull an all nighter for me. It is getting light outside. At my wrinkled old age, that means I will be grumpy for the rest of the day.

Okay, let's do some quick introductions then, before my inevitable grumpiness will consume us all.

martinuzz ...:
- is known to shock and awe with silly absurdism when applicable
- tries to be both a cynic and an optimist
- is a devout builder
- is a long time dwarf fortress player (since 2006). DF forums initially pointed me to Terraria.

So after playing an hour or so on one world, I found out my starting area was surrounded on BOTH sides by corruption. I figured that might not be the most noob friendly worldgen possible, so I rolled Another world. This one does not have me pinned in between scary stuff.

Here's the start of my base.. How did I do for a brand new noob? I didn't get around to building NPC rooms yet, but they are supposed to go in one big tower on top of the foundation I just laid here:

I am about to go to sleep. I just got Terraria gifted for Christmas, after having it on my wishlists for quite a while now. Congrats devs. It managed to pull an all nighter for me. It is getting light outside. At my wrinkled old age, that means I will be grumpy for the rest of the day.

Okay, let's do some quick introductions then, before my inevitable grumpiness will consume us all.

martinuzz ...:
- is known to shock and awe with silly absurdism when applicable
- tries to be both a cynic and an optimist
- is a devout builder
- is a long time dwarf fortress player (since 2006). DF forums initially pointed me to Terraria.

So after playing an hour or so on one world, I found out my starting area was surrounded on BOTH sides by corruption. I figured that might not be the most noob friendly worldgen possible, so I rolled Another world. This one does not have me pinned in between scary stuff.

Here's the start of my base.. How did I do for a brand new noob? I didn't get around to building NPC rooms yet, but they are supposed to go in one big tower on top of the foundation I just laid here:
One of the first things I'd do is utilize slopes - it makes things look so much better IMHO.

In other news, welcome to the forums! (and +1 for being a DF player - me too!)

Back
Top Bottom