Pixel Art Hello, i seem to be having an issue. It's not with coding, but with art.

Hello. I have a honest question as to how i make GOOD terraria artwork for bosses, or at least OK art work. I can do scripting well, i learn languages easily. The issuel that always stops me is art, because i suck at art. Like, i can't make a good weapon. So, i ask you humbly, terraria modding community, for help. How do i learn to make good pixel art?

Just practice, observe sprites made by others and analyze why you think they look good, learn basic pixel art terms such as banding, jaggies, and clusters. Don't be afraid to post your art in discords such as Calart and instead of being offended by criticism, you should apply it.

Just practice, observe sprites made by others and analyze why you think they look good, learn basic pixel art terms such as banding, jaggies, and clusters. Don't be afraid to post your art in discords such as Calart and instead of being offended by criticism, you should apply it.
bold to assume i'm offended by criticism

Hello. I have a honest question as to how i make GOOD terraria artwork for bosses, or at least OK art work. I can do scripting well, i learn languages easily. The issuel that always stops me is art, because i suck at art. Like, i can't make a good weapon. So, i ask you humbly, terraria modding community, for help. How do i learn to make good pixel art?
Art is a pretty broad subject, lots of topics that have to be covered. While I can't offer advice that's is super in-depth, one of the greatest ways to improve your art skills significantly is mostly by observing art from experienced artists. First though you should understand the fundamentals like how light, anatomy, color, form and perspective so you know how the art process works. This knowledge can easily be translated over to doing pixel art.

Its a lot to digest but I personally recommend these two channels who make it a lot easier and may help you along the way. Give yourself time to improve and don't overwork yourself and I wish you the best!

Back
Top Bottom