Hello!

Msyxorap

Terrarian
Hello Terrarians!

My friend recently bought me this game and so far I'm loving it. Although I only have around 15 hours on it, I'm already hooked!

Just wanted to say a quick hello :)

PS: I enjoy pasta :D

Thanks! I love how there are no level requirements in the game and a very early crafting system, makes the game much more interesting! Maybe I'll see you around :)

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you're enjoying Teraria, it's super fun! What bosses have you defeated? Do you need any tips?

Thanks Pumpking! So far I've defeated the Eye of Cthulu, Skeletron, and the Queen Bee with my friends! We only hit a little bit of a wall since the Dungeon seems a bit hard to progress through and we're not so sure about going down into the Crimson "tunnels".

Any tips about progressing would help and greatly be appreciated! :)

Thanks Pumpking! So far I've defeated the Eye of Cthulu, Skeletron, and the Queen Bee with my friends! We only hit a little bit of a wall since the Dungeon seems a bit hard to progress through and we're not so sure about going down into the Crimson "tunnels".

Any tips about progressing would help and greatly be appreciated! :)
There is a surprise down in the Crimson. It helps you progress. Might wanna go down there.

Yeah, sometimes there's loot and other helpful things. Tip: bring purification powder/bombs/dynamite, and a hammer.

Tip again: You get purification powder from the dryad (make a house for her, 75 copper apiece)
EDIT: The Crimson is DEADLY if not fought properly.

Hello, whats your armor you have right now? I suggest having gold or silver for the crimson or corruption.

Ooh, okay, I thought that I would have to gather all the ingredients to make purification powder, being sold makes it much easier! Thanks!

And right now I have Platinum armor and 400 health (found a lot of health crystals in the jungles). Is that enough for the Crimson underground? Thank you!

Yes, in fact that's perfect! What class are you, may I ask? Melee (swords/spears), ranged (bows and guns) or mage (spells)

Thanks Artigit! I like your character, if your avatar is what it looks like in game :)

Sounds good that I have correct gear! Right now though, I'm kind of in a torn position on what class to "main". I found a Starfury from a Floating Island and I love it for the light it provides underground and the two part damage from the blade itself and the stars. However, later on I would love to use mainly boomerangs or maybe flails because they are unique weapons not usually found in any other games that I have played :) (especially since I have a Thorn Chakram and it's amazing!)
Boomerangs are considered melee if I remember, but if I attack from "range" then would the large amounts of armor gained from "melee" armor be wasted? Or are Boomerangs affected by ranged damage modifiers?

Or are Boomerangs affected by ranged damage modifiers?
Boomerangs are NOT affected by ranged modifiers, only melee, which they should change in my opinion. Also there is no need to become a class for the rest of the time, play around with them and see what you like.

Thanks Artigit! I like your character, if your avatar is what it looks like in game :)

Sounds good that I have correct gear! Right now though, I'm kind of in a torn position on what class to "main". I found a Starfury from a Floating Island and I love it for the light it provides underground and the two part damage from the blade itself and the stars. However, later on I would love to use mainly boomerangs or maybe flails because they are unique weapons not usually found in any other games that I have played :) (especially since I have a Thorn Chakram and it's amazing!)
Boomerangs are considered melee if I remember, but if I attack from "range" then would the large amounts of armor gained from "melee" armor be wasted? Or are Boomerangs affected by ranged damage modifiers?

Boomerangs, Spears, Swords, and Flails all count as melee weapons. They will be affected by melee bonuses.
Bows, Guns, and such are ranged weapons. They will be affected by ranged bonuses.
Staves, Water Bolt, etc. are magic weapons. They will be affected by magic bonuses.
I personally prefer melee, myself, though

Sounds good, I'll probably just try out the new weapons I find as I progress through the game. I really like how magic weapons are very diverse in their effects, but I feel like I wouldn't be as comfortable waiting for my mana to refill while I could just run into a with a sword or boomerang :)

And yeah, boomerangs really do feel like a ranged weapon. Have boomerangs ever been used to just slash somebody across the face? :)

Back
Top Bottom