Help building interesting roofs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genderless_Neko

Terrarian
This is just a small mushroom palace I built but my primary concern is the roof. I've been playing Terraria for a few years now and I've always considered myself a builder but I can never make an interesting roof, so can anyone post pictures of some good looking roofs so I can get an idea or just give some general tips?

Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, I didn't consider this as a creation or a guide so I just posted it in the general sub-forum.

105600_screenshots_2015-06-21_00005.jpg

You're starting off pretty well. Take what you have now and expand to it and find a different way to make it different and even more unique.

You could lengthen it by a few blocks, etc, for more freedom.

I was looking for more new roof designs rather than improvements on the current roof design, it was just me experimenting and I didn't see a need to go all out since I'm waiting for 1.3 to truly start building but I thank you on your input.

What I tend to do whenever I'm looking for new designs for rooves or other architectural elements is think about what my building's architecture style somewhat resembles. Let's say I make a house, and the overall appearance of the house looks a bit Asian-influenced. I would then search for images on the web of Asian style architecture and pick a roof style that would match my house accordingly. Obviously it's good to find images of the rooves/buildings in a front view so you can have a sort of reference while building in Terraria. In your case, your house seems to have a bit of a Middle Eastern-influence, perhaps, so try to Google some images of Middle Eastern architecture. If you don't think anything fits your structure, here's a nice list of different architecture styles that you can research and choose from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_architectural_styles

Also, remember, not every building needs an intricate or overly stylized roof. Sometimes the minimalistic look can work the best!

Good luck, and it's looking good so far!

Last edited:
maybe you should check out in-game player creations subforum, I made a thread there and I add a truffle house I made...I always check google images too, depending on what I want to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom