tModLoader Help in learning how to do TmodLoader Custom Summon Weapons

Bath_Toast

Steampunker
Hey all!

So, I've recently got into some Modding stuff for Terraria because its seems fun and would be a good way to get back into some things.

I have worked in MS Visual Studio before doing stuff for Unity. Though I've become well versed in multiple languages at a beginner level, being intermittent with Java and very familiar with SQL, I've never been a huge fan of C#, so I could use a bit of help.

Currently speaking I'm making a tiny mod pack for me and my friends to incorporate some "wholesome" memes we have between one another into the game. I've found a fair few helpful guides to making most things (Pets, Melee and Ranged Weapons, Etc) but the one that I CANNOT find anything for is Summoner weapons.

Fundamentally, I'd like to create a clone of the Pygmy staff, but instead of Pygmy's it summons tiny clones of Pepsi man that chuck Pepsi Cans at the enemy.

I do understand that for certain, I may not be able to jump into this neck deep immediately. However, I would like to know if there are currently any good guides, tips, or information I should know so I can gauge the feasibility of the Idea so I dont get too overwhelmed, or if theres anything I should know, practice, or tinker with first before attempting this.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I've been outside of programming, barring SQL, for a year and a half now. Figured small scale memeish modding would be the perfect way for me to slide back into things.

I am using the latest version of TModLoader as a platform. Thank you

If you've not already, I would take a look at ExampleMod, which can be found on the TML GitHub page. It's got examples on how to implement loads of stuff, I'm sure that there's a summon weapon in there.

Back
Top Bottom