Help me build! [First post] [New terrarian]

divyam28

Terrarian
Hey guys! New to this community and this is my first post.
I started playing terraria in december and I am loving it. I am done with my first run, having farmed the moon lord for all of its items.
I played the whole game with a crappy wooden base and decided to pickup the DCEU and destroy everything.

Ive been working on an endgame base. I want it to look castle-ly. I want to add a show room for everything I have farmed and have other things like a whole room with just crafting stations.

This is what I have till now. Im working on it. I would love to hear some feedback on what blocks and walls I should use. How to go about the architecture. I was thinking of having NPC themed rooms for them.

I posted on some subreddits but nobody seemed to bother replying :p
Screenshot (2).png

I love this. I been playing terraria for years, but I could only build wooden houses. Maybe try to using demons or skeleton torches to fit the mood. But even with out them it's still amazing and have a good day.

Try using different walls on the interior. I suggest a mix of slab wall, plank wall and wooden beams. It gives a medieval look to it. I suggest incorporating windows in each room too. Fireplaces, candles and lanterns are my personal favourite light source. Another thing you could try is using paint. Some blocks look cool but the colours don’t match, so paint is a good solution. Finally when adding a roof, dont make it flat. Make it sloped or have some sort of texture.

Hey, if you are going for different themes for NPC i'd look for blocks that matches them, for example grass walls and wood for the druid or waterfall backgrounds and sand for the fisherman etc, you can also use a combination of furnitures to make each room feel unique. on that note, would you be willing to share your world? i'm trying to find some volunteers who would allow me to remake their base, sort of like a pimp my house type of thing.

I love this. I been playing terraria for years, but I could only build wooden houses. Maybe try to using demons or skeleton torches to fit the mood. But even with out them it's still amazing and have a good day.
Thankyou so much. I will definitely try some different torches! :)

Try using different walls on the interior. I suggest a mix of slab wall, plank wall and wooden beams. It gives a medieval look to it. I suggest incorporating windows in each room too. Fireplaces, candles and lanterns are my personal favourite light source. Another thing you could try is using paint. Some blocks look cool but the colours don’t match, so paint is a good solution. Finally when adding a roof, dont make it flat. Make it sloped or have some sort of texture.
Love the idea of making fireplaces. They'll match the aesthetic. Thankyou for the suggestions. :)

Hey, if you are going for different themes for NPC i'd look for blocks that matches them, for example grass walls and wood for the druid or waterfall backgrounds and sand for the fisherman etc, you can also use a combination of furnitures to make each room feel unique. on that note, would you be willing to share your world? i'm trying to find some volunteers who would allow me to remake their base, sort of like a pimp my house type of thing.
Damn. I think I should increase the size of my rooms so that I can personalize them a bit more according to the NPC's. Thankyou :)
Also I will definitely share my world. Excited to see you pimp it. Can you guide me how to as I am fairly new to this?:p

If you’re just wanting to build, i highly suggest getting a terraria world editing software like TEdit. Its like creative mode for terraria.

Damn. I think I should increase the size of my rooms so that I can personalize them a bit more according to the NPC's. Thankyou :)
Also I will definitely share my world. Excited to see you pimp it. Can you guide me how to as I am fairly new to this?:p
Well thats completely up to you hehe :D and you can upload your world on any download site such as curseforge or mediafire then share the link here in the forums.

Back
Top Bottom