Help me decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now its between YoYo only and Gun-type weapons only. I'll decide later, I need to get food in ma belleh. :(

Look at you starving youself get your cute butt into the kitchen this instant! <3 ... oh and ill be right behind you speaking of which i didnt get anything myself ^^

Honestly I have tried using everything and for some reason it bores me. Limiting myself to certain things amuses me strangely enough.
I assume it bored you because you might have found it too easy? I did a bow only run as well and agree that this can be quite amusing to do. However you might find that Expert Mode will be challenging enough the first time around that you don't have to feel like you need to limit yourself to a certain weapon type. If you still want to do this though, I would suggest you go with Yoyos rather than guns. You'll get to try out new armor types (melee), and in practice guns in this game are not too different to bows/repeaters.
And remember, melee speed increses your Yoyo range, good luck.

I assume it bored you because you might have found it too easy? I did a bow only run as well and agree that this can be quite amusing to do. However you might find that Expert Mode will be challenging enough the first time around that you don't have to feel like you need to limit yourself to a certain weapon type. If you still want to do this though, I would suggest you go with Yoyos rather than guns. You'll get to try out new armor types (melee), and in practice guns in this game are not too different to bows/repeaters.
And remember, melee speed increses your Yoyo range, good luck.

I suppose I'll try out YoYos first.

I should Try Pure melee at least once myself cause thats actually the only class i didn't try fully yet so it should be a unique fun experience for me ^^
and you of course.

You'll be forced to play as a Ranger or Long-range melee at first. Because of the devastating damage the monsters do (Up to 50 from melee-Zombies), you have to stay far and use weapons such as a Bow or a Boomerang. If you want to be melee, you'll have to stick to Boomerangs and Long-range weapons at first, same for Ranger (Sherlock), I always play as a Ranger as an Expert Mode, you'll have no problem playing as a Melee guy in Mid-game and so on.

I recommend starting as a Ranger (Craft a bow as fast as you can) and switching to Melee at Goblin Invasion-time or Dungeon-time. Or starting as a Melee character if you're lucky enough to find an Ice/Enchanted Boomerang or a Boomerang.

Right now its between YoYo only and Gun-type weapons only. I'll decide later, I need to get food in ma belleh. :(
Really until after youve beaten most of the prehardmode bosses you sort of have to adapt to what you need to kill the bosses. i tryed playing as a summoner through the whole game, but it was nearly impossible on expert considering how little defence they have. I swapped over to a ranged/magic class to beat all the mechanical monsters.

I should Try Pure melee at least once myself cause thats actually the only class i didn't try fully yet so it should be a unique fun experience for me ^^
and you of course.

Yup. I just need to research a little into these YoYos since I have zero clue on how they work on terms of progression. <_<;;

Really until after youve beaten most of the prehardmode bosses you sort of have to adapt to what you need to kill the bosses. i tryed playing as a summoner through the whole game, but it was nearly impossible on expert considering how little defence they have. I swapped over to a ranged/magic class to beat all the mechanical monsters.

I can adapt easily to most situations.

I still need to finish my all around playthrough in expert mode and you are already limiting it by a 'class'?

You're fast man.

I still need to finish my all around playthrough in expert mode and you are already limiting it by a 'class'?

You're fast man.

I already did almost everything I wanted to do in a normal playthrough when 1.3 came out, now I want a challenge.

Maybe consumable weapons could be cool (explosives, bones, Molotov Cocktails)
You could do bows and repeaters again but only use wooden arrows or an infinite quiver
Possibly a playthrough where all you get as many of your weapons via fishing
(YoYos sounds hard to me because they are pretty close range weapons, it may be impossible to defeat later bosses with them)
THere are many weapons that are considered unique these weapons dont fit in the magic, minion, sword, gun, bow, or repeater catagories
ex: consumables, spears, harpoon, vampire knives, scorge of corruptor, and boomerangs are a few

(YoYos sounds hard to me because they are pretty close range weapons, it may be impossible to defeat later bosses with them)
I want to say that there's an accessoire that increase the yoyo's length, and the better yoyo's also become longer the further you progress,

I see a possible change in it.

yes accesories can increase the yo yos length BUT they only increase it by a few blocks. The Twins for example deal VERY high damage ESPECIALLY in expert mode they must be dodged frequently. To hit them you need a long ranged weapon or endgame armor to survive the hits.

Last edited:
I don't know what to play as. I've always restricted myself to Ranged only, and to be more specific, Bows (and repeaters) only.

That's where you come in. I need help on deciding what to play with; I want something different for once.

P.S. I will NOT play as a Mage or Summoner. I do not find them fun in the slightest.

so....melee then? ;)

you've done ranged and don't want mage.

my suggestion is break free of the psychosomatic player class system, use whatever weapon or armor is best suited to the task or your personal preference. if a spell looks fun pick it up without considering yourself a mage and if it doesn't don't force yourself into something boring because of a self applied label when the game couldn't care less

use a gun in turtle armor, shieldbash while using waterbolt, melee with a yoyo while collecting nebula's candy.
wear summoner armor with ranged accessories! the madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom