Mobile Help - Terraria is deleted from my 2 son's Kindle Fire Hd

Bluesky2

Terrarian
Terraria disappeared from my son's app list yesterday and then from my other son's app list today. It is not visible in the cloud or even in the app store now. What is going on? We have some very sad 8 and 6 years over here :( Is Terraria not offered for kindle anymore?

I'm not aware of any change regarding the current Amazon version. It is still on my Kindle Fire device.

I see it on the appstore here: https://www.amazon.com/505-Games-Te...=UTF8&qid=1523230451&sr=8-2&keywords=terraria

eta: To clarify - it's still on my Kindle device; it didn't "disappear" in the way you describe, and I can still start and play the game.

Are the Kindle devices registered to the same Amazon account that purchased the app?

Last edited:
The same thing happened to my son's Kindle Fire 7 (2015)... just vanished. When I went to re-install, it was not listed in my applications.

I logged into my Amazon account and tried to install it from there but it now reports that it is not compatible with older Fire models.

Specifically:
Kindle Fire 7 (2015) - Not Compatible
Fire HD6 - Not Compatible
Fire 8 - 7th Gen - Compatible

This is strange because my other son was playing it fine on the HD6 today. Almost seems like an update happened that broke compatibility and it has not reached him yet.

Terraria disappeared from my son's app list yesterday and then from my other son's app list today. It is not visible in the cloud or even in the app store now. What is going on? We have some very sad 8 and 6 years over here :( Is Terraria not offered for kindle anymore?

Thank you for the replies – I can also see the app on Amazon per the link you sent. And yes, my Amazon account is what my kindles are registered under. However, even if I select to “Deliver it to the devices or to the Cloud” nothing on the Kindle end happens (even if I manually sync). Also, on the Kindle’s own App Store, Terraria is no longer listed. Hmmmm :/

My Kindles aren’t old – they were bought this past Xmas – The Kindle HD 10 which I believe is one of the newest ones out there. Is there anyone from Terraria I can contact or is the forums the only way to get customer service?

Thanks for your help!

OK, after making some inquiries, this is what I found out:
  • There has been no update of the app since Oct 2016, and 505Games (the publisher) has made no changes to supported devices from their side.
  • There is an ongoing, known issue involving cloud saving of world and character files for the Amazon app. This likely won't be resolved until the app is updated to PC 1.3 equivalent by Pipeworks Studio in the coming months.
  • Apparently Amazon misinterpreted that the cloud-saving issue made the game unplayable on many devices, and recently modified the list of devices that were supported. This is what people are seeing with regard to the app and their devices.
  • This change apparently went into effect on/about April 6 2018, without 505Games being aware of it.
505Games now knows what happened, and is working with Amazon to restore the app to all devices that can run it. I will provide any updates that I hear about.

While my app did not disappear from my device, it does not currently show up in the app store for me, and if I deleted the app I likely would not be able to reinstall it.

Thank you for the replies – I can also see the app on Amazon per the link you sent. And yes, my Amazon account is what my kindles are registered under. However, even if I select to “Deliver it to the devices or to the Cloud” nothing on the Kindle end happens (even if I manually sync). Also, on the Kindle’s own App Store, Terraria is no longer listed. Hmmmm :/

My Kindles aren’t old – they were bought this past Xmas – The Kindle HD 10 which I believe is one of the newest ones out there. Is there anyone from Terraria I can contact or is the forums the only way to get customer service?

Thanks for your help!

THANK YOU for the detailed information!!!! We will await until this is resolved (Just hoping that their progress isn't gone). Thanks so much again!!!!

Thanks for posting this information. The same thing has happened to my 10year olds Kindle today. It's his favourite game and he must have 100's of hours of progress on it. He will be distraught if his save game can't be recovered, which might well be likely given the known bug with the cloud saving meant his save game was only local to the kindle.

I notice that Terraria has reappeared as installable where previously it was not. However I guess this won't recover the save games if they were only local. Does anyone know if it is possible to recover the lost progress?

I notice that Terraria has reappeared as installable where previously it was not. However I guess this won't recover the save games if they were only local. Does anyone know if it is possible to recover the lost progress?
If the app was removed from your device(s), then likely the data is gone as well. Neither 505Games nor Re-Logic would have any way to recover it for you.

You could try to reinstall the app, and maybe the data will somehow still be there.

It's still not showing as installable for me on the website, and it's not found in the store from my device. I guess it might be rolling back slowly, I'll try checking again tomorrow.

I was mistaken. Terraria (1.2.12801) appears in the app store library list on the kindle, but on the "about" page the install button is greyed out as "currently unavailable"

I was mistaken. Terraria (1.2.12801) appears in the app store library list on the kindle, but on the "about" page the install button is greyed out as "currently unavailable"
Just checked - we haven't gotten a status update from 505Games on this. Hope to get some news very soon - if not tomorrow, then first of next week.

I find it odd (and disturbing) that the app would just disappear from some people's devices.

If anyone wishes to submit a support ticket for this, it wouldn't hurt. You can do that here: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Thanks. I've now raised ticket #39299 on that site. I previously contacted them via facebook here https://www.facebook.com/TerrariaOfficial and they gave the reply below. So I raised a ticket there also, but haven't heard anything since.

"You can report it directly to our console team so they can look into it for you, here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html"

I just raised the following ticket:

https://support.505games.com/helpdesk/tickets/39343

Their response so far (not helpful :/)
"
Thank you for contacting 505 Games Customer Support.
Sorry to hear that this happened.
Unfortunately we do not have much information regarding this so I'm unable to provide you with an update.
This information has been forwarded to the appropriate parties and is being looked into.
I will be placing your ticket on-hold and will update you accordingly.
I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Sincerely,
-Patrick C.
505 Games Customer Support"

No useful help from 505games so far. Just vague questions like they are unaware of the problem. I'm posting a screenshot of my kindle (fire 5th gen) in it's current state of not being able to re-install terraria. The download button states "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE". This is over a week since the forced uninstall occurred. My son is asking my daily when he will be able to play again.

The terraria version which is shown as "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" is 1.2.12801.
[doublepost=1523897989,1523897798][/doublepost]Update just now from 505games:

"Since I last responded to you, I was informed that Amazon did indeed do whatever it is that you are experiencing. As I understand it, the developers are still waiting to receive work from Amazon.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing you. Hopefully, it is resolved quickly."

Attachments

• IMG_20180416_072951.jpg
    IMG_20180416_072951.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 225
This happened to my 10 year-old son's game about two weeks ago. Timeframe sounds about right.

Is there any way of extracting the save files from the device?

I don't know of a way. Terraria became reinstallable this morning and my son has reinstalled it but as feared all his save data is lost. Also the cloud save feature doesn't work so we're afraid this might well happen again at some point.

I don't know of a way. Terraria became reinstallable this morning and my son has reinstalled it but as feared all his save data is lost. Also the cloud save feature doesn't work so we're afraid this might well happen again at some point.

When trying the cloud save we've always had the error 403 Error: disallowed_useragent

YAY!! My boys have Terraria back!!! They are ecstatic! AND, they both still have all their save data!!! We have Kindle 10 HD...not sure if the device matters or not for the save data.

Back
Top Bottom