Mobile Help with Artificial Biomes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNovaStream

Terrarian
If the wiki is correct, 80 jungle/lizhard blocks equates to a jungle biome, 200 crimson/corruption blocks equates to their respective biomes, and 300 snow/ice blocks equate to a tundra biome. I have tried to set up these biomes artificially, but it always seems that I need a lot more blocks than is written to change the background. 80 lizhard blocks doesn't even play the jungle music, and I need 400-500 ice/snow blocks to actually make it snow. Why is this? I have carefully counted each block and they are all within view on my screen. Is it because the biomes are conflicting with each other?

crimson and corruption will spread by themself. more blocks=mores spreading. for anjungle biome you just meed dirt and jungle seeds. i dont see why you need lizhard blocks. ive never made a snow biome before but i imagine you have to have more than just one straight line of snow/ice blocks.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436309300,1436309264][/DOUBLEPOST]mud and jungle seeds*

crimson and corruption will spread by themself. more blocks=mores spreading. for anjungle biome you just meed dirt and jungle seeds. i dont see why you need lizhard blocks. ive never made a snow biome before but i imagine you have to have more than just one straight line of snow/ice blocks.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436309300,1436309264][/DOUBLEPOST]mud and jungle seeds*
I think I forgot to mention I'm building all of these biomes together and as compact as possible. I know that the corruption and crimson will spread them themself. Jungle seeds will work, but I don't feel like going to the jungle for 80 jungle seeds. And of course one straight line of ice/snow blocks will not work. Refer to the picture I have attached, there are over 300 ice and snow blocks on the screen, yet no snow is falling. There are 80 lihzard temple blocks, 200 crimson and 200 hallow ice, but none of them are turning the background into their respective biomes either. It continues to be ocean background and the music is still that of the ocean biome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 4,670
I think I forgot to mention I'm building all of these biomes together and as compact as possible. I know that the corruption and crimson will spread them themself. Jungle seeds will work, but I don't feel like going to the jungle for 80 jungle seeds. And of course one straight line of ice/snow blocks will not work. Refer to the picture I have attached, there are over 300 ice and snow blocks on the screen, yet no snow is falling. There are 80 lihzard temple blocks, 200 crimson and 200 hallow ice, but none of them are turning the background into their respective biomes either. It continues to be ocean background and the music is still that of the ocean biome.
The Ocean Biome overrides every other biome. :O

Lizhard Blocks actually equates to a jungle seeded mud block. Better to mine out lizhard blocks than to waste your time finding jungl grass seeds. 80 Jungle blocks should trigger the jungle biome music. I actually dont get how the snow works because ive tried doing this too. I used the jungle blocks as the floor then placed some ice cubes of corruption and crimson but the snow didnt trigger. I ended up using more ice than i actually have.

Lizhard Blocks actually equates to a jungle seeded mud block. Better to mine out lizhard blocks than to waste your time finding jungl grass seeds. 80 Jungle blocks should trigger the jungle biome music. I actually dont get how the snow works because ive tried doing this too. I used the jungle blocks as the floor then placed some ice cubes of corruption and crimson but the snow didnt trigger. I ended up using more ice than i actually have.
I don't know, I have well over 100 lizhard blocks in the picture but no jungle music is playing either. It's a question of if its being overridden by the ocean biome will it still drop biome key molds?

What i did to make this work was to make a lizhard block house then i placed inside the 200 corrupt and crimson blocks, then surrounded the house with ice and snow. Im not sure if itll work in you case since i did that in a place that isnt an ocean biome.

If I remember correctly, doing what you did is correct. The ocean music may override the background where you are building, but the game still counts the blocks as being the biomes.

I remember a video somewhere where the guy made a key mold farm at the ocean, and got every kind of key while farming in the ocean.

If I remember correctly, doing what you did is correct. The ocean music may override the background where you are building, but the game still counts the blocks as being the biomes.

I remember a video somewhere where the guy made a key mold farm at the ocean, and got every kind of key while farming in the ocean.
Are you talking about MeetYourDemize's video? Because that was the exact setup I used for my key mold farm. The difference was that in his video it was snowing, but in my world it is not, even though I have added more ice/snow blocks to the edges of the farm.

Easy bro.
Here's a tip. Zoom in, and if the respective music of the biome sounds. Great you made it.

I made a platform over my house with mud for jungle following wiki info. it worked. It just plays a general song but the biome is working

Easy bro.
Here's a tip. Zoom in, and if the respective music of the biome sounds. Great you made it.

I made a platform over my house with mud for jungle following wiki info. it worked. It just plays a general song but the biome is working
If that had worked I wouldn't have made this thread.

In my experience the biome block count does not seems to match the PC version very well.
I followed the numbers in the wiki, 80 'jungle' blocks for the witch doctor house, and no bgm change.

Then I measured out 400 ice blocks to convert into corruption and crimson respectively (200 each) and corruption music played before it spread all the way to 200 block count(As seen some blocks are still normal ice). I made some key molds as well so it simply worked.

So I guess all you can do is go to an isolated place (like a bit high up sky) and experiment with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-08-20-25-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-08-20-25-10.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 2,887
  • Screenshot_2015-07-08-20-25-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-08-20-25-03.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,030
If the wiki is correct, 80 jungle/lizhard blocks equates to a jungle biome, 200 crimson/corruption blocks equates to their respective biomes, and 300 snow/ice blocks equate to a tundra biome. I have tried to set up these biomes artificially, but it always seems that I need a lot more blocks than is written to change the background. 80 lizhard blocks doesn't even play the jungle music, and I need 400-500 ice/snow blocks to actually make it snow. Why is this? I have carefully counted each block and they are all within view on my screen. Is it because the biomes are conflicting with each other?
100 Blocks Of mud Or Lizhard Will make An Artifical Jungle Biome For Example

BitPieStudios why do people make sucessful key farms in the oceans? the oceaon biome does over ride mobs but boes not overide keys, spreading
and backround changes
I think the way they do it is they sit in a small pool of water, separate from the ocean, and let traps take care of the various sharks and jellies that try to get to where you are. It's efficient like that.

BTW When Crimson or Corruption are in an area and qualify to be a biome, u cant place hallowed blocks there to also get Hallow biome. IDK if someone mentioned this before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom