Help with Moon Lord!

ThatCoolMage

Steampunker
Soooo me and my friend are trying to fight the Moon Lord but we seem to be having one slight problem, we get killed in about 1 minute. Also doing the lunar event (I think that is wrong), takes us about 1 hour to do.
I was wondering if any one had any tips on Moon Lord or how to clear Lunar event as fast as possible?

Thanks,
ThatCoolMage

p.s. I have no idea if this is in the right section!

if you're duoing you can cheese the moonlord himself by having just one person fight him and the other waiting in a distance to keep him from respawning when the first player dies, he will then keep the moon lord busy until the first fighter is ready to take over again and then can take his distance again or roles swap.

For the lunar event it can make things considerably easier if you prepare arenas in the pillar areas and restrict spawns to a small platform that you hit with all you got from offscreen, especially centipedes, which I personally found the most troublesome can be dealt with really well this way. Having a platform over the enemy spawn area with honey bath, heart lantern and campfire also provide a place to hang all those banners which make the fights so much easier.
My general layout is a ~220 blocks wide are per pillar with a thin lava floor, filled in caves up to 15 blocks below, a 13 wide platform for the mobs to spawn on as well as the said area with healing stuff and banners ~40 blocks above that said platform. theoretically a 170 wide area would restrict spawns if you stand dead center but since you will likely need to move around a little it can't hurt to make the areas a little wider.

If all else fails: A friend and I almost literally tore the Moon Lord in half in no time at all last night.
She was using a Stardust Cell Staff and summoner gear, I was using a Vortex Beater with chlorophyte bullets.
My accessories: Ankh Shield, Sniper Scope, Destroyer Emblem, Fishron Wings and Cross Necklace, all Menacing. I could have dropped the wings too, since I was inside my Cosmic Car.
I didn't use any potions, apart from some healing ones. I also have a Rod of Discord, pretty nice to avoid the big beam o' death with.

The cells from the Stardust Cell Staff seemed to latch onto the Moon Lord's eyes, even when they were not open/active, and did lots of damage when they did open.
My Vortex Beater also did massive damage and thanks to the chloro bullets I could keep a reasonable safe distance from him, only having to worry about the big beam.
It felt really cheap, but hey, I'll take it.

We had our spawnpoint in a building where the nurse lives just in case. Try not to wait too long before visiting the nurse or heal up in another matter and like milk said, if you are going to die, make sure that the other person holds off his/her attacks and runs for it until you've respawned, so the Moon Lord doesn't get a chance to despawn.

I've killed the Moon Lord with a melee character but found that so much harder. I needed an arena for that, standing still in honey, surrounded by heart statues, that kind of stuff.
Being a ranger is a lot easier. Mage and Summoner too I bet. They all have endgame homing weapons.

Back
Top Bottom