Weapons & Equip Hercules Emblem

I don't understand why we're talking about an OP item here
Because OOA accessories are already good items, so an upgrade to an OOA accessory is a buff, and buffing good items makes them op

What i'll say here goes for your Sharp necklace idea too, Summoner already has good accessories at every stage. There is no harm in adding more, but you can be much more creative than "minion slot/damage increase"

Because OOA accessories are already good items, so an upgrade to an OOA accessory is a buff, and buffing good items makes them op
The Sentry Summoner class itself is much more niche than the Minion Summoner class. Using sentry requires standing in one area, it will work in a stationary arena, but not when exploring caves.
In addition, many bosses in Hardmode, the stage in which you could craft the Defender Emblem, require fighting in the air, moving the boss back and forth across the map, and the bosses themselves move quite quickly, so they can avoid the sentry projectiles.
Sentry weapons are unfortunately niche, as there are only a few weapons that summon Sentry weapons and they are only useful during invasions.
They are the subclass that needs improvement the most, and at the same time they are unsuitable in typical operational situations due to their lack of mobility.

The Sentry Summoner class itself is much more niche than the Minion Summoner class. Using sentry requires standing in one area, it will work in a stationary arena, but not when exploring caves.
In addition, many bosses in Hardmode, the stage in which you could craft the Defender Emblem, require fighting in the air, moving the boss back and forth across the map, and the bosses themselves move quite quickly, so they can avoid the sentry projectiles.
Sentry weapons are unfortunately niche, as there are only a few weapons that summon Sentry weapons and they are only useful during invasions.
They are the subclass that needs improvement the most, and at the same time they are unsuitable in typical operational situations due to their lack of mobility.
Sentries are never going to be good on bosses, their static nature simply doesnt allow it. It doesnt matter if Defender Emblem gives 1 sentry slot or 10, the only way a sentry will ever be good against a boss is if shoots perfectly homing projectiles and has a kilometer of range.

What sentries need isnt overtuned accessories that give 3 sentry slots each, its simply a couple more of them throughout the game to have at least one per stage. This idea of making sentries stupidly strong because "oh they can't hit bosses anyway" is a mistake that the game already makes. OOA accessories being prehardmode basically means you have a prehardmode summoner emblem. Most OOA sets are viable without using a single sentry. Almost every sentry has significantly more DPS than equivalent minions of the tier. The only reason sentries dont break the game already is because they dont work on bosses, and its better if they stay that way.

Wait what are you talking about? What 3 sentry slots per accessory? After all, I just want to add one sentry accessory to the hardmode stage.
There are 4 OOA accessories in the game, 2 pre-hardmode and 2 hardmode, but they are all identical and do not stack.
The Defender Emblem is simply intended to be a slightly better accessory with 1 sentry slot that can be worn with one of the OOA accessories at the same time. I'm not saying it should have a huge damage bonus, the developers will definitely balance it well, just a sentry accessory for the hardmode stage, that's all.
For example, OOA accessories have +10% damage and 1 sentry slot, so Defender Emblem would probably have +15% damage and one sentry slot.
The issue here are not sentry slots but rather a lack of sentries through the game, not counting OOA sentries we have only 1 sentry in all pre-hardmode.

If anything summoner needs whips accesories since we don’t have any, berserker gloves and it’s downgrades are the nearest to a whip accesory for summoner.

What sentries need isnt overtuned accessories that give 3 sentry slots each, its simply a couple more of them throughout the game to have at least one per stage.
Wait what are you talking about? What 3 sentry slots per accessory? After all, I just want to add one sentry accessory to the hardmode stage.
There are 4 OOA accessories in the game, 2 pre-hardmode and 2 hardmode, but they are all identical and do not stack.
The Defender Emblem is simply intended to be a slightly better accessory with 1 sentry slot that can be worn with one of the OOA accessories at the same time. I'm not saying it should have a huge damage bonus, the developers will definitely balance it well, just a sentry accessory for the hardmode stage, that's all.
For example, OOA accessories have +10% damage and 1 sentry slot, so Defender Emblem would probably have +15% damage and one sentry slot.
This idea of making sentries stupidly strong because "oh they can't hit bosses anyway" is a mistake that the game already makes.
I didn't mean to add a stupidly powerful accessory, I thought you were against adding any new accessory under sentry and I wanted to explain that we should have one more on hardmode that can be stacked with a single OOA accessory.
OOA accessories being prehardmode basically means you have a prehardmode summoner emblem.
You talk a lot about how the OOA and Shark Tooth Necklace accessories are pre-hardmode emblems when they do +10-15% damage, so each minion slot is like +100% damage, again, I don't want to make an accessory with a big percentage bonus to damage, simply an accessory in this case with an additional slot for sentries and a slightly better percentage bonus to damage, and only from hardmode.

If anything summoner needs whips accesories since we don’t have any, berserker gloves and it’s downgrades are the nearest to a whip accesory for summoner.
Berserker Gloves increase the aggro on the player wearing them, which is undesirable in the case of Summoner in multiplayer, so I decided to upgrade the Power Glove.

Back
Top Bottom